3. Emerald Princess
We choose this cruise as a mini-break treat for my Partner and myself, having been wheelchair bound after I suffered a broken femur in January. We are cruise addicts anyway and knew that the food, the facilities and general spoiling where just what we needed after our recent difficulties. [ I had been non-loading bearing after my accident and my poor long suffering partner had been my "legs" and full time carer and cook- housekeeper since January. We were both exhausted. ] OMG how right we were. Everything went perfectly, Embarkation at Southampton was swift and caring. Disabled Access Balcony cabin was amazing-[ sorry I can't remember the number but I'm sure they're all as good.] Larger than usual with everything spaced for easy wheelchair access especially the wheel-in bathroom with sitting shower, and the drop down access to the balcony. Breakfast served to us in-room to save the hassle of getting up in time. Mostly my Partner accompanied me but on the occasions when I whizzed about on my own there was always a memeber of staff asking where did I want to go and taking me there if necessary From a general revue viewpoint a slight disappointment for my Partner was that the War Museum on Gurnsey was'nt open when his Tour arrived but another venue was substituted. I'd given him the afternoon off for some him [ and me ] time. Anyone dependant after injury will understand this remark ! We thoroughly recommend this type of holiday and Princess Cruises especially for anyone who is disabled, wheelchair bound and in need of a lot of spoiling. Just because you are disabled there is absoluely no reason to give up on cruising !.

Discovering the joys of disabled access cruising.

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by gordonandnancy