3. Carnival Dream
CARNIVAL DREAM WAS A TOTAL DREAM!!! This was the first cruise my husband went on with me and I was worried cruising would not be for him but he is already planning our next one! We had a WONDERFUL experience and love carnival and the dream. I am a picky eater and I loved most of the food. There are so many options if you don't like your meal get another one! Our balcony room was awesome and our room steward WOW... Ivan is amazing- He treated us like royalty and I sure hope we see him again on the dream. His supervisor also was great. When we called him or maintenance they were super fast to make our stay perfect. Our cabin was perfect my first balcony experience and that is what we want for all of our future cruises. The layout of the ship was easy to figure out, the beds super comfy, easy on and off the ship. Sure a bit of a wait but who cares it is expected when you have 3000+ people. We did not opt for the drink package but tried a few tropical drinks all tasty. We did anytime dining and loved it. I tried the $40 day spa package one day for the special pool and saunas etc...and it was not for me. Others might enjoy it just a personal preference. We did not do any of the shows but they looked great. We just enjoyed relaxing, sleeping in, eating, tanning, excursions, and forgetting about anything off the dream! Hubby tried the casino he liked it. I am allergic to smoke so I could not go in there. The 2 issues we had were one there was another balcony smoking near us which is not allowed but the dream staff took care of it. There are places to smoke but the balconies do not allow it but that is known before booking. The staff followed up with us and took care of everything THEY ROCK! The second thing might have been our fault not sure but on the first dressy night hubby wore dress shorts and they turned us away. He did not bring any pants its a cruise we thought shorts daily so not sure if its our own fault but that was a bummer having to miss lobster night would have been nice if they could make an exception since he did not bring pants or least let us get dinner to go. Those 2 issues did not take away from our great vacation at all. One thing I would have liked is more sun protection like umbrellas especially on the serenity deck. We did an excursion at each port. Cozumel top 10 things this one has potential but it was too long it could have been cut down supposed to be 5 hours but after 4 hr 45 min I got off the bus and took a taxi back and got a massage while hubby finished with the group. I would not recommend this tour because it was long and hot but did have some good points. We also did the top 10 things in Jamaica and it was much better. Nikki the tour guide was perfect, funny, knew the area super well, and very entertaining. In Cayman we did an all inclusive of 7 mile beach and really enjoyed that whole day beautiful water! The staff on the dream are super friendly and helpful. Sure not 100% perfect but the majority were great and made us feel at home. We loved our cruise and can not wait until we are on another or the same carnival ship - eastern carribean here we come :)

CARNIVAL DREAM IS A TOTAL DREAM - WE LOVED IT!!!

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Hillgirl1054

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony

Hillgirl1054’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8N 9477
PERFECT --- AMAZING --- WANT TO LIVE THERE --- Our first balcony so no others to compare it to but loved it! Super clean cabin the beds comfy and great comforter. Plenty of closet space. Balcony was top notch we love aft but everyone has a different location they like and that is ours. We had a tv that was fine not a ton of channels but we just watched the carnival things and they have on the tv where you can view your room charges and your menu in the dining room for that night pretty cool. We requested robes they were nice.

I am forgetting something but that trip is over and we are so excited we are looking at our next one ---thank you carnival for making our first couples cruise such an amazing experience.
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    montego bay top things excursion we liked a lot better than the cozumel one. it was 4 hours the tour guide nikki was fantastic. we would recommend it.
    View All 28 City Tour Reviews
  • Beach
    7 mile beach all inclusive we really liked it but it went by super fast.
    the water was gorgeous and they had palm trees shading the beach chairs which was great. you need to bring your own beach towels. they rent snorkel equipment $10 an hour we will do that next time. it was relaxing our favorite excursion
  • Best of Cozumel
    Top 10 things tour - guide was good mimi but it was hot and long and several on the bus had issues walking and it is probably not good for people with walking issues. Might have been better if atleast an hour was shaved off some of it was interested. We would not do it again or recommend it sorry.
    View All 112 Best of Cozumel Reviews