3. Queen of the Mississippi
I was invited by family to join them on this cruise. It was my first cruise and the whole experience was delightful.Because of the probable river surge on the Upper Mississippi the cruise had to be re-routed. This was done very well, and the changed itinerary worked well.The flight changes needed at the end of the cruise to return us to our destinations was very well handled. The Queen of the Mississippi was very comfortable and relaxing. There was never any pressure to hurry, to "do things" or to take part in activities which were not of interest to me. The food was especially nice, with sensible sized portions and good choices for each course.The other guests mixed well and there was no-one whose company I did not enjoy.The stateroom was well appointed and comfortable with its own private balcony. It was very useful to have free laundry facilities which enabled me to return home with the minimum of dirty washing.

Upper Mississippi and Ohio rivers