3. Carnival Vista
We cruised on the CARNIVAL VISTA September 23rd itinerary from Barcelona in a Havana Suite. We had a wonderful cruise experience overall. The Suite was just beautiful, it was very spacious for two people. We dealt with bass noise from the band playing in the bar until late each night and slamming of the hallway for leading to it, however earplugs helped. The cabana patio was not as private as I had hoped however and had a neighbouring cabana guest come into my balcony and switch cushions from my chair (hers was left out in rain so she helped herself to my dry one)...Caught her by surprise when I opened the door to come out and barely saw her out after. The large rainshower in the suite is lovely, wish I had one like that at home now! Our room steward was wonderful in the beginning very attentive and addressed us by name mid cruise she became more MIA and the service declined a bit. We were able to take part in the new suite perks including free laundry, waters, and other surprises and goodies given to us throughout the cruise. Overall a great choice despite the above mentioned hiccups. Jamie Dee was a ball of smiling never ending energy, high praise to her as kept everything flowing perfectly, and was entertaining! Always there was something to do and they kept the activity of 4000 people flowing through the ship so it never seemed overly busy anywhere. I can see why she was CD of the year! She also surprised us with a SOAS and other goodies during the cruise. Our waitstaff team were the standouts...in the Horizons your time dining room was Sasa, Ted, and Jesson. They gave us exceptional service throughout the cruise and were always ready with a smile and jokes! It was amazing they took the time to surprise by serenading us recognizing our anniversary and my birthday with special cakes! Food was always very delicious and featured different port offerings, I have read others say the quality has gone down however we did not experience or have any reason to complain about the food on board anywhere. We also dined one evening in the outside seating of 555 Steakhouse and had a delicious meal with great service including witnessing the most amazing sunset during dinner. In addition the Italian speciality restaurant was perfect for both lunch or dinner, no complaints. Guys burgers and fries yum, Blue Iguana yum, sea day BBQ yum, as well as the salad creations on the Serenity deck. Did not have time to try JiJis, Going through food withdraw just typing about all of these. The Playlist Productions on board were wonderful, the shows we saw were The Welcome Show, FLICK and America Rocks. The liquid lounge is a different concept however sitting in the upper section we could see everything perfectly fine. The 80s glow party on the Lido started great but fell flat fast, port intensive cruise so maybe all were as tired as us. Jamie did a great job keeping everything going with spunk and a smile. I do not believe we had the opportunity to see everything the ship had to offer however packed as much fun as we could into an 8 day itinerary. Due to physical limitations I did not make use of the sports deck or water slides however looked fun! Embarking and disembarking were well executed, no problems except the early time getting off the ship. The ship itself was always spotless and we always saw someone cleaning or doing routine maintenance. The crew on board was friendly and always acknowledged everyone quickly. The Vista is a gorgeous ship and never felt over crowded...we loved our first Carnival Cruise!

Loved the Vista Overall!

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Nwercruiser

Nwercruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Havana Cabana Suite
Cabin HS 5236
The Suite was just beautiful, it was very spacious for two people. We dealt with bass noise from the band playing in the bar until late each night and slamming of the hallway for leading to it, however earplugs helped. The cabana patio was not as private as I had hoped however and had a neighbouring cabana guest come into my balcony and switch cushions from my chair (hers was left out in rain so she helped herself to my dry one)...Caught her by surprise when I opened the door to come out and barely saw her out after. Complained to guest services after confronting her directly and received an apology. The large rainshower in the suite is lovely, wish I had one like that at home now! Our room steward was wonderful in the beginning very attentive and addressed us by name mid cruise she became more MIA and the service declined a bit. We were able to take part in the new suite perks including free laundry, waters, and other surprises and goodies given to us throughout the cruise.
Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    Exceeded expectations, we learned a lot and were able to take a walking tour of three separate areas of the city and have free time for shopping. Barcelona is beautiful and was happy we got to enjoy the excursion including a panoramic view of the city. The packed a lot into a 4-5 hour excursion and was a great extension of our cruise. Made our disembarkment much easier and organized.
    View All 254 City Tour Reviews
  • Lucca Walking Tour
    Toured medieval Lucca inside the walls and had a scenic drive through Tuscany on the way. This was surprisingly my favourite stop and tour of the cruise! An absolutely breathtaking little jewel of a city, we made the most of our free time shopping, eating gelato and having a cappuccino in an outdoor cafe. The tour was so informative, guide was friendly and easy to understand...we loved the whole experience. It was a difficult choice to skip Pisa and Florence but so glad we chose this instead. A must see part of Tuscany rich in history and beauty.
    View All 36 Lucca Walking Tour Reviews
  • Marseille
    Decided to not book and excursion, only got off the boat for an hour to shop at the port shopping provided right at the gangway.
    View All 832 Marseille Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Marseille Cruise Port Review
  • Amalfi Coast
    Great tour of tastes and sights of Naples, Sorrento, and Pompeii. Was a very long tiring day but well worth the exhaustion. We were able to see so much in a day, had a wonderful tour of the farm with a wine and cheese tasting. The people were so hospitable and took pride in everything they do there. The drive up the mountain next to the coast was breathtaking. From there we had free time in Sorrento for shopping, pictures, and to try the local cafes. Pompeii was the final stop including the cameo factory which I could have done without however the tour of the city ruins was truly amazing! Overall a great excursion packed full of activity!
    View All 266 Amalfi Coast Reviews
  • City Tour
    Very informative, well organized and friendly tour guide. Loved the tour and especially the panoramic ride up the mountain. We had the opportunity of free time to shop and try local treats like gelato and pastries atop the mountain, the seaside, and again time to shop and take pictures in the city centre area of Palermo. We learned a great deal of history of the city and it was a great start on the itinerary for us. This excursion could have only been better if it was longer then half day. Loved Sicily!
    View All 29 City Tour Reviews
    Rome... Top Ten with Lunch
    Taking this excursion we saw just about everything we wanted to see in Rome even though most times from a distance on the bus, however it was a perfect sampling of everything the city has to offer after going on a tiring excursion the day before. I can still say I saw Rome in a day! For a day tour so much was squeezed in to also make time for lunch which was in a cute boutique style restaurant.
    We had a bit of trouble hearing and understanding the tour guide during the walking portions but otherwise was a good experience. We enjoyed the free time at the Trevi Fountain and were able to get right up to it, take pictures and toss in our coins... even having time to shop and enjoy a cappuccino. Had hoped to have more time to explore around the coliseum on our own, think lunch really ate into the opportunity for more free time... otherwise was pleased with the experience.
    View All 324 City Tour Reviews