3. Avalon Tapestry II
I chose Avalon because I wanted to experience the cabins that had the bed facing the window and the glass door opened all the way up. The second reason was if for some reason the ship could not make it up the river due to weather conditions then I felt Globus being the parent company of Avalon Waterways would give the best of the best experience on the land. Dining was exceptional a nice variety covering most guest eating preference. Nice assortment of wine and was quite impressed with the non-alcoholic wines and they were very good. One evening there were 6 of us drinking that. We did the 12 course Bistro which was lovely and a great experience. They had a gentleman who played a nice variety of music so after dinner you could relax after dinner. Some enjoyed to midnight or so. I thought the service was excellent, that I personally would have expected as I have traveled some high end ocean cruises and the service is excellent. I thought our cruise director was absolutely the best. He was organized and was just on top of whatever needed to be done to get it done. Very through in explaining the difference between one excursion verses another. We flew in the day before the cruise, our driver was there to greet us took us to the Pullman hotel which we were able to check in right away. That in it's self is a gold star...we had also signed up for the Eiffel Tower tour and then brought to the ship; Getting on and off the ship was the easiest experience. No confusion this one running that way an this way..just carefree laid back calming....I didn't feel stressed at all. The excursions all were wonderful that the cruise line picked. I liked that on some days we had options to do one or another excursion. I also liked we came back to the ship had a nice lunch and then if we wanted could have signed up for an afternoon excursion. I liked that all guides spoke English very well and were very knowledgeable. We did every excursion we could. The only thing I think when it comes the Moulin Rouge beef should be chosen as the chicken was like rubber...a few people said we should do the beef as it is much better. That is my only complaint. You are rated a 3 star I think you should most definitely be a 4 star...

Awesome....Awesome.....Awesome!

chrisbst’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Tapestry II price drops

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin P 301
I am still talking about it...the cabin I feel is bigger than any balcony cabin I had on an Ocean cruise. The bathroom was awesome!
Royal Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins