Insignia Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 80s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2016
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean View

I hadn't cruised in years, until serendipitously, I met another person interested in sharing a stateroom on the Insignia's 180 day Around the World Cruise 2016. When people ask me about the cruise I always reply, "There are not enough superlatives in the English Language to describe my experience."

The stateroom, 4006, was 195 square feet, a size adjustment for two people used to our own homes, but we managed. One plus was the shelf below the cabin window which could be used for storage. Another was the service of the cabin attendants. My roommate had brought 12 pairs of shoes with her. She had piled them on the bottom of the closet in rather a jumble. Two days later the jumble was gone replaced by a shoe rack that held not only her 12 pair, but also my one extra pair. This was done by one of the cabin attendants without our even asking. Another small thing that helped was I had read that it was wise to bring an electric cord with extra outlets. I did, and it was in use everyday by both of us to keep laptops, phones, electric tooth brushes, etc. charged.

The food was wonderful, and I did not eat in moderation, so I came back twenty pounds heavier. My roommate had special dietary needs, and Oceania was informed of those needs through our Travel Agent, so each day my roommate was sent a menu for the next day for the Grand Dining Room, so she could pick items that fit her dietary needs.

Deluxe Ocean View

Cabin C2

195 square feet of nicely appointed room

11 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Insignia Cruise from $1,614

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.