3. Norwegian Breakaway
This was our second cruise on the Breakaway. We enjoyed our cruise and so did the kids. The food is good but I will be honest not amazing, I think it goes by quantity not quality. We ate at some of the specialty restaurants and the meals were very good. We traveled with two of our kids and they enjoyed their time on the ship. The splash academy does a great job with the kids by keeping them entertained and happy. My older son who is not a sport fanatic so he said it was a little boring, but my younger son loved it. There is plenty of activities for the children on the ship. My number one issue are the smoke lounges that are located on the ship. Our room was above one of them and every time I stepped out on the balcony I smelled smoke. Same goes with the Casino area that you have to pass through if you want to go from one of end of the ship to the next. Getting on the ship was ok, a bit of a wait but not that bad. Getting off the ship was a little crazy as the staff did not have areas blocked off and there were a lot of people cutting the lines and confused as to where they needed to go. Here are quick tips about each area: Ship: Its huge, so familiarize yourself with it as soon as you get on it. Use the stairs as the elevators take a while and it helps you stay in shape while you enjoy the food. Cabin: If you are a non-smoker ask for a cabin that is not located near one the smoking areas. Dining: Specialty dining is great, but honestly not worth the money, if you really want to splurge go to one of them. Entertainment and Activities: There's a lot to do on the ship. The pool deck gets very crowded, but there are a lot of other areas around the ship where you can lay out and relax. Service: Excellent... for the most part, once or twice you get a bad egg but its not enough to get into a tizzy. Ports and Shore Excursions: Do not buy the bus pass once in Bermuda (stops everywhere) better off getting a mini-bus and direct ride to your destination.

Great Family Vacation... with few improvement opportunities

Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Family Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M2 12824
The cabin was comfortable however I do not think that its worth the extra money as your room is not that much bigger if you get the balcony. The bathroom had a tub. One thing I did notice that was gross was that there was mold in the air vent over the tub. So it needs some major cleaning. The balcony is close to smoking areas so you smell it from time to time. Really not happy with that part of it.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins