3. Celebrity Reflection
This is a review of our recent wedding onboard Celebrity Reflection. Note: Weddings are booked for and paid for separately to your cruise booking, to a specialist weddings company "The Wedding Experience" That all the cruise lines use. After we booked our cruise date and deciding to get married we were directed to the specialist wedding planning company that organises weddings for the cruise lines. Initially i was very apprehensive as I'm a bit of a control freak and wasn't sure what was going on to begin with, the initial paperwork can be a bit daunting especially as in our case we were both divorcees, and everything has to be sent to USA and then onto MALTA for approval, which has to be timed perfectly as there are restrictions on time periods from the paperwork being approved to the actual marriage ceremony..... but once all that was done and confirmed the rest was a lot less complicated. You have a long list of things to choose from that they offer regarding weddings both at sea and ashore or in port before departures, which are all priced individually and they also have special packages for the most popular items, which is what we chose as there was only going to be the two of us, we went with the Nautical Nuptials marriage at sea by the Captain option and the witnesses were provided onboard for us. I have to say I was not particularly impressed with the wedding company because I had to continually chase them up for answers to questions i had and they are not very good at getting back to you in a very speedy manner, which all added to the nerves and stress, as what I didn't realise is that a lot of it i.e. hair, makeup etc can't be confirmed until you are actually onboard, so make sure you have a good idea what you want with regards to hair and makeup, if you have pictures even better as this will help the hairdresser and makeup staff. Everything to do with the wedding organisation onboard is done by the designated wedding co-ordinator onboard the ship and ours (Zsofia Bak) was absolutely amazing! and totally put my mind and fraying nerves at ease from the moment I met her and with less than 24hrs till our marriage! Everything went perfectly and the attention to detail was brilliant, from organising hair and makeup even getting someone to get me into my gown, she even timed my appointments so that my hubby to be, was out of the cabin so that he didn't see me before the ceremony, I had little charms that I wanted on my bouquet and these where incorporated into it. We booked the photographer via the wedding company but they said they were unable to offer a Videographer, so we spoke to celebrity direct and they advised us to contact the company that does all their photos and videos while onboard directly, which we did and we had our wedding videoed too, which we paid direct to the company, and it was a wonderful addition as none of our family were there to share our day, so we now have something to show them. We had our own music and I wanted to enter ceremony/venue too (Blu Restaurant) and Zsofia the wedding co-ordinator had timed my entrance to perfection.. I have to say that Celebrity Reflection, Zsofia, its Captain and its Staff could not do enough for us and made our day the most memorable day it could have been and one we will treasure forever! Special thanks have to go to Zsofia Bak our Wedding Coordinator onboard ship who was one of our witness to our marriage, she really is a credit to the Celebrity Cruise Company, and also a big thanks to the many behind the scenes staff, florist, makeup artist,hairstylists, musicians, photographers, videographer, and not forgetting our fellow passengers that made our day so amazing. :o)

WEDDING CRUISE REVIEW

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Merrydale

This is a review of our recent wedding onboard Celebrity Reflection.

Merrydale’s Full Rating Summary