• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

MSC Splendida Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

Not a very good cruiseline, in my opinion

Review for MSC Splendida to the Baltic Sea
JPII
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2016
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom

MSC Splendida was a beautiful ship. It had the largest and nicest stateroom we have ever stayed in, and this was, I think, my sixteenth cruise.

The biggest problem was with excursions. We arrived on ship and attempted to book excursions on Interactive TV. It NEVER worked the entire trip. I met with one employee at the excursion desk and he was rude, disinterested, and not helpful. I felt like he thought we were all just a bother. (I remember his name, but have not provided it just in case he was having a bad day). I also attempted 3 excursions in Belgium, and was told I could not go on these particular excursions because they had no English speaking guides left. I should have said "I do not care, I still want to take the canal cruise." Instead, I was offered a transfer to a town, where there was a beach. Paid for the transfer, but was not happy at the beach. I really wanted to participate in one of the excursions. I would have booked them online, but thought I would get more information when I was on the ship. Did not happen. If ITV worked, I could have possibly booked one of the excursions in Belgium that I wanted. Now I feel like that was just a wasted port for us. And we cannot get it back.

We paid for the internet package, which was a waste. It did not work very well. My wife talked to the guest relations people, twice, about it. I told her I wanted to cancel it, but she chose not to.

Balcony Stateroom

This cabin was excellent. It did not look like a cruise stateroom. Nicely dressed up. Only problem was their interactive television did not work too well. And I could never book an excursion on it the entire trip.

Port Reviews

Southampton

However, we visited Arundel castle on our own. It was outstanding.

Find an MSC Splendida Cruise from $169