3. Carnival Ecstasy
Sailed on Ecstasy on 9/17/16. Embarkation was relatively smooth, we thought. People aren't kidding about the maze in the port parking area. We stayed at a hotel in Mt. Pleasant and took Lyft to the port. That made things smoother. This was my 10 yr. old son's first cruise and he is hooked and does not want to take any other type of vacation. We try to avoid the buffet as much as possible and we ate mostly in the MDR. We had YTD in the Wind Star and it was really good. We had Big G and his team every dinner and he was excellent and I would recommend him to anyone! Had an interior cabin and it was okay but really didn't spend much time in the room. Son complained a little about the staff in Camp Ocean yelling at the kids, so he didn't spend much time in there. He found plenty of things to do around the ship other than Camp Ocean. DW took advantage of a discount at the spa day of embarkation. She loved it. The shows were ok. Our favorite was the Brits. Cruise Director, Benjamin, was funny and energetic. We chose to go to Atlantis Water Park in Nassau. There was only one other boat in port the day we were there and they left at 2:00 so the water park was empty. NO LINES AT ALL. We took a taxi to Atlantis and purchased tickets from the ticket window in front of the main hotel. Saved over $200 rather than booking with Carnival. HMC was unbelievable words can not explain how relaxing and fun it was. I snorkeled all afternoon and almost missed the tender back to the boat because I completely lost track of time and looked at the shore and it was empty, with the exception of my DW waiving franticly for me to get out of the water. Debarkation was relatively simple with no problems. We would definitely recommend this cruise to any first timers and even though the ship is old it was still a very fun vacation. We were treated well and had no real complaints with the cruise.

Exciting Cruise with Family on Ecstasy

Ages 10 to 12
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Interior
Cabin 4D m76
It was a basic interior cabin. No bells or whistles. It was clean and room steward kept thing neat.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins