3. Carnival Sunshine
Worst cruise ever/would never recommend. I was woken up every morning and kept awake for hours every single night by random LOUD (>100dB) noises coming from below (room 1505, so likely the engine room or cargo hold). Absolutely ruined the trip. When I went to guest services and provided my room number, immediate recognition shined on multiple agents' faces. The rooms in this area must be very well known to be TERRIBLE. I got 2-3 hours of sleep every day/night (again, the noises were around the clock). Had to go to the doctor mid-cruise for sleeping pills. But there were other negative elements; 1. The lines to get off the ship took up to 2.5 hours 1a. They stop people ON the gang-way to take their pictures when there is a MASSIVE line to get off, making sure they force everyone to consider paying money for their picture 2. Everything in St Kitts was also closed due to it being a holiday 3. The last shore leave was cut short (departure moved from 5pm to 3, giving us no time to even leave the dock area) 4. The pools were far too small and constantly full 5. Far too little time in San Juan

Literally the worst cruise (line) ever

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by mike.merow@gmail.com

Worst cruise ever/would never recommend.

But there were other negative elements;

1. The lines to get off the ship took up to 2.5 hours

2. Everything in St Kitts was also closed due to it being a holiday

4. The pools were far too small and constantly full

5. Far too little time in San Juan
mike.merow@gmail.com’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B 1505
WORST CABIN EVER. 100+dB noises randomly every 10-90 minutes from whatever is beneath this room. DO NOT STAY IN THIS ROOM!
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Orlando (Port Canaveral)
    Embarkation was a total festival of chaos. There was one lady, who was very angry, trying to explain the departure times to everyone. To be fair, I have a suspicion they had someone (or multiple people) sick that day
    View All 40 Orlando (Port Canaveral) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Orlando (Port Canaveral) Cruise Port Review
  • Bacardi Rum Distillery
    Because it took us >1.5 hours to get off of the ship (an hour less than the worst offense), we got there literally as it was closing. However, they gave us the tour and we got to try a drink made with the rum.

Because of Carnival's inept handling of getting people off of the ship and not using it as an opportunity to sell photographs, I would rather have skipped this and walked around Old San Juan instead. So if you've limited time, be aware that the drive takes an hour in rush hour.
    View All 86 Bacardi Rum Distillery Reviews
  • St. Kitts (Port Zante)
    This is relatively unfair again. It might be a wonderful place but...

Again, due to Carnival's ineptitude, we arrived on a national holiday in which EVERYTHING was closed (except for the few shops built on the pier which sold plastic junk and alcohol).
    View All 1,698 St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Review
  • St. Maartan Airport Tour
    I wanted to see the general island and this afforded that opportunity. However, the driver took us to ice cream at the merry-go-round place. I explained to him 'our ship leaves in under an hour, do we have time for this?' He assured me we did. I went in and took some photos, then came back out to again tell the driver we were going to be late if we didn't leave.

He wasn't there. He went off to get gas.

When he finally returned, 15 minutes before the ship was to depart, I was already resigned that we'd miss the ship. At this point, everyone that was on the bus knew our story and the driver definitely felt heat from ~80 angry people (thank you all!).

The story gets worse in that a police officer was shot right near the boat which caused delays in all ships leaving. As such, I made the boat surprisingly, but not at all for the right reason.
    View All 96 St. Maartan Airport Tour Reviews