3. Carnival Vista
We sailed on the Carnival Magic in 2011 and the ship was marvellous. The service on board was excellent and the crew always very attentive. This time we chose the Vista expecting something even better but how let down were we? The ship itself was lovely but after that it went downhill. This was our 13th cruise (usually Princess) and, the most disappointing so far. We thought that it was just us till we spoke to other unhappy passengers who were of the same opinion. The food at best was average, and the variety probably the worst we've had on any cruise line. There seemed to be only baked potato available no mash or boiled. The Your Time Dining system (should be called Their Time Dining) they operated was crazy, it involved queuing on deck 5 for 15 mins to find out where and when you were eating then given a pager which rang after about 20 mins. Only ate once in main restaurant as it wasn’t worth the bother and service wasn’t good with the waiter taking away my partner’s main course plate before I had finished mine and then serving us our desserts while my partner was still eating their main course. The theatre entertainment was mostly pathetic and whoever designed the seating should be either sacked, flogged or made to watch all the shows. There are 6 large pillars which totally or partially obscure the view of at least 100 people in total. I enjoyed the bands Velvet Jibe and Me and My Cousin. Pool side entertainment was nearly non existent. Call me old fashioned but I like to hear a live band rather than 2 DJs playing mp3s on a laptop. A couple of the comedians were very good and a couple were rubbish, and why do they always say things like “here in the USA” and “us Americans”. . . NO. The rest of the world is here as well and they are not in the USA they are on a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea. When we boarded there was a note in the room saying that due to 24% VAT they would not be doing the drinks packages. We are used to inflated prices on ships but this was like a mugger charging you TAX. This meant that a $8 beer + VAT cost $9.92 + tip cost $11. Total daylight robbery so just buy it in port, stick it under your arm and march on board like the Americans do. The sky ride was good and no problems getting sunbeds after 1.00. The cruise director Jaime deserves a medal for the energy she puts in trying to drum up some atmosphere. Would we recommend the Carnival Vista? Would we sail on her again? The answer NO and definitely NO Advice to Carnival, take it back to America and keep it there, leave Europe to RCI, NCL, and Thompson who know what they are doing.

Take it back to America and leave it there.

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by billyjey

The sky ride was good and no problems getting sunbeds after 1.00.

billyjey’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B 3204
As you would expect but with 2 showers? one over a small bath in one room and one in the toilet. other than that clean and tidy.
Lobby Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins