3. Norwegian Jewel
I enjoyed our cruise to Alaska very much. This was my 4th time going to Alaska and my husband's 2nd time. I normally do 7 day ones but we went for a 10 day. We started in Seattle and ended in Vancouver BC. The ports we went to were Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait, Glacier Bay, Sitka, and Victoria BC,The weather was wonderful and only rained on us once. The whole crew said that this was rare. We stayed in a SC (family suite) cabin number 11030. It was a wonderful layout wise. Since it was only my husband and me we had a on of space! It took a day or so to figure out the shower but once I did I loved it. The only bad thing about our room was that during random times you could hear people stomping around upstairs. When I went to see what was above us it looks like the staircase from 12 to 13 is right there. There was also a ping pong table right there. So it was kind of annoying when you heard it that but it wasn't constant. The food was very good the majority of the time. The drinks are good but very very expensive if you dont have the drinking package in my opinion. The suite restaurant is amazing and if you can afford to get a suite this is an great perk! We got invited to two special events because of being in a suite. One was a cocktail party and the other was a viewing of the glacier on deck 15. Our butler was Roland and he is the best! He did more for us then was required. We enjoyed most of the shows on the ship as well. We only skipped a few as we are not into the singing ones. During this trip I found my new favorite Alaskan city, Sitka. There was so many wonderful things about this city and I would like to go back to it. I would recommend this trip to others.

Wonderful weather during Alaskan 10 day cruise

brittani299’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Family Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin SC 11030
Just my husband and I stayed in this room. There was a ton of space of two people! I have stayed in this room category with 5 people before an even then I feel this is a lot of room. Cabin number 11030 is a good room. It is the last suite and it is almost in the middle of the ship. The only complaint is that during random times you can hear stomping above you. I heard it sometimes during the middle of the night. It was a little annoying at times. When I went to see what was above us it was two things, 1.) a ping pong table 2.) it looks like the stair case from 12 to 13 is around the area of the master bedroom. While it was annoying it didnt wreck our vacation just something to be aware of.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Glacier Bay
    Glacier Bay is one of the most beautiful place in the world without a doubt. We saw a large calving of Margerie Glacier. You really cant explain it to someone until they have seen it themselves. We also saw many sea otters and seals. This is a great place to go to!
    View All 554 Glacier Bay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Glacier Bay Cruise Port Review
  • Icy Strait
    While the first building that you enter is very nice this port has very little to offer. If you are taking an excursion I am sure there is a lot to see but for anyone else this is a super small port. There is nothing to do for the most part and we just got back on the ship.
    View All 281 Icy Strait Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Icy Strait Cruise Port Review
  • Juneau
    My husband and I went into town and bought tickets to take the bus to Mendenhall Glacier (tickets from every seller are $15 a person each way so it cost us $60). We saw porcupines and eagles while at Mendenhall. We started out by walking down to the falls by the glacier. It is an easy and nice walk down there. After that we went to the visitors center. We then went on the trail of time walk which was very informative with signage talking about facts and points of the area. We then continued to the east glacier hike. This is a great free thing to do. We saw a ton of amazing nature spots and we only saw 6 people in total which we were out. It took us about 2 hours total.
    View All 1,363 Juneau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Juneau Cruise Port Review
  • Ketchikan
    We had very amazing weather in Ketchikan. It want raining at all and was very sunny. We walked around the town and since we were the only cruise ship in port we got to enjoy Creek Street. We took a city bus ($1 a person) to the Saxman Village totem pole park. It was cool to see many different totem poles. They do charge $5 to just walk up to see them closer though. We paid the money but probably wont do it again. We also saw salmon in Creek Street which was amazing.
    View All 1,571 Ketchikan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Ketchikan Cruise Port Review
  • Seattle
    I live in Seattle so I didnt need to take an excursion in this city. I know there is a ton of things to go here though. Pikes Place Market is one of the biggest places to visit and is very cool.
    View All 727 Seattle Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Seattle Cruise Port Review
  • Wildlife Tour
    We got into town and booked this tour with a local guide. Sitka Wildlife Tours was one of the best tour I have ever been on. We went out on a small boat (7 people total including the driver). The driver was a local man and knew a lot of history. We started out by seeing sea lions and then moved out to seeing humpback whales. We must have seen 12 of them and close! We have so many pictures from this tour that we love. To see whales up that close is to amazing. We also saw a sea otter and a bald eagle. I would go on there excursion again!
    View All 32 Wildlife Tour Reviews
  • Scenic Drive
    We went on the Dyea Dave scenic drive to the Yukon. This is a great excursion and is very scenic. It is hard to explain in words how beautiful it is there. We stopped in Carcross and had lunch at a little local deli. Lunch ran about $15 for 2 people. The town of Carcross is very tiny but quaint. Lots of little historical facts in the town.
    View All 100 Scenic Drive Reviews
  • Victoria
    We walked around the town enjoyed it. We saw people feeding harbor seals fish off of the dock which was really entertaining because they were splashing around. We walked to the Empress Hotel which is beautiful.
    View All 1,122 Victoria Cruise Port Reviews