3. Carnival Triumph
I have been on over 20 cruises. 10 of them with Carnival. This trip was a short girls getaway. There were 5 of us ages 43-70. Keep in mind, Carnival is not a luxury cruise line and the Triumph is certainly showing her age. Personally l like the older ships, they have character. My girlfriends and I had a wonderful time. We had balcony cabins on the 8th deck. The cabins were comfortable, with plenty of storage space for personal items and clothing. Some balcony partitions can be opened, ours could not (8350 & 8348). The rooms were also across the hall from an employee entrance that was busy in the early morning hours and we were below the entrance to the buffet. If you are a light sleeper these rooms are not for you. The employees were all wonderful and gracious without exception. I was truly impressed. The food was wonderful. We ate in the dining room every night. We had brunch on the 2 sea days. Guy Fieri burgers were amazing, as always. The burrito and taco bar was delicious. The 24 hour pizza and ice cream was good. (Not all ships do the 24 hour ice cream anymore, new RCI ships do not). I only drank 3 mixed drinks while on the ship. They were all very good. The Alchemy bar girls could be happier. Definitely get the Faster to the Fun if you can, it's worth every penny. My only complaints: 1. There were many drunk people at the muster drill. Carnival, this is a problem. I'm not talking about tipsy people. These folks were not able to stand up through muster. This is a safety issue. 2. Carnival, please either enforce the dress code or quit posting signs, because it is not enforced. Men with their shirts off in the casino, swimsuits with cover ups in the MDR, pajamas at the buffet breakfast and thong bikinis at bingo.

5 girls cruising