3. Pride of America
I chose this cruise due to a promotion by an oft listened to local radio station, sponsored by YMT Vacations. The price seemed attractive enough, since round trip air travel from Cleveland, Ohio, 4 nights hotel accommodation, and seven day cruise visiting several Hawaiian Islands where included in the price of $8000 for two. Having had prior cruises ruined by night time chair rubbing, furniture moving, and thumping noise from an overhead activity area such as the Lido deck, I specifically requested that my outside balcony room NOT be directly under the such a noisy activity area in order to enjoy uninterrupted sleep. Lo and behold, the very first night I was awakened at 1 am by chair thumping from a popular bar area directly above my room. Each time a patron would sit at the bar, they would re position their chair so as to be able to talk with adjacent guests or to comfortably view the sports TV on the wall behind the bar area. Food in the Skyline Restaurant was pretty much tasteless with poor choices for appetizers, entrees, and desserts. My wife needed a special gluten free diet due to having been diagnosed as a Celiac so the buffet in the Aloha Cafe was out of the question having so many foods containing wheat gluten. At one particular breakfast my wife was served rye bread by mistake, which she at 1/2 slice before deciding it wasn't worth eating. The toast served with omelets are all small square, very hard and dense and tasteless. Only the servers can tell white toast from rye toast. We had 2 servers each morning, one was aware she needed gluten free food, the other was not aware. The second server gave her my rye toast, and failed to bring any to me, hence the mix up. On steak night, I was served a Steak Frites which I could not eat. I had no idea what it was, but the texture of the meat was somewhat like liver, and tasteless. The best food for myself was the Pizza bar and the Aloha Buffet, both off limits for my Celiac wife. Not wanting to eat those foods by myself, I chose to suffer through at the Skyline the same as she had to do. She was also unsatisfied with the Skyline, but had little or no choice.

Beware of Balcony cabin 1006 on Norwegian Pride Of America