3. Seven Seas Explorer
Beautiful new ship with huge public spaces. I can imagine easily doing a world cruise on this ship. We were originally in a G2, but our TA boarded the ship before us and thought we would not be happy with that category. We usually o the basic suites on Navigator, voyager, and Mariner, but we do find the Mariner ones a little small. The G2 was listed as one square foot larger than the basic mariner suites, it because of the way it is set up, it seemed smaller. The closet and bathroom seem particularly small. And those are the two areas where we like space. Fortunately we were able to get a reasonable upsell to a D, and it was perfect for us. Big bathroom and a closet large enough to change clothes in. I like to get up much earlier than my husband, so this is important to us. There are really great reading lights both by the bed on both sides as well as by the couch. We did not miss the extra chair in the room--there is only one for the desk, but it is of a style that is very comfortable to sit in and is the right height that it can be used at the coffee/dining table as well. There are lots of plugins. One of my pet peeves with the older ships is not enough plugins for all our electronics. No worries, we had plenty left over even with 2 phones, 2 iPads, and my husband's electric shaver. Balcony is huge with 2 nice chairs and a lounger, as well as a stable table that you can actually set drinks on without them tipping over. The bed is the absolute most comfortable I have ever slept in. I want one in my house. Food was uniformly good, sometimes great. We were mostly satisfied with the included wines, and they are happy to find you another if you don't like what is on first offer. Service was outstanding with rapid refills of glasses in all venues. You can eat slow or fast, whichever you prefer. Only down falls: the sauna is not hot. It has infrared heat, and it just doesn't get that hot. The theater just doesn't have the wow factor of the theaters on the other ships. And there are huge columns destroying the sightlines. I can't see a thing from the balcony seats because my height puts my eyes right where the railings are. Some of the new shows are just not very good. Granted, they got better as the trip went along, but the first few nights were just not entertaining. There is an area at the back of the ship on the 6th floor hallway, back where you can go into the gym, where the carpet is squishy and wet. Not sure what that is about, but it was that way throughout the cruise and is going to start molding if whatever is causing it isn't fixed.

Brand New; the Best Regent Ship Yet

RachelG’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Explorer price drops

Concierge Suite
Cabin D 726
Definitely would pick this cabin again. Close to the elevator but we never heard a sound. Convenient for everything on the ship.
Deck 14 Suite Cabins