3. Carnival Inspiration
We've been on this cruise before and it wasn't anything to write home about. Everything was just ok and some of the things weren't. I think the problem was we had been on other cruises before and expected too much. This time a friend that I met on board the Inspiration called me and said "are ya ready for a cruise?". We set a date and we booked our rooms. The first time we booked a balcony room, this time we booked a porthole room, one of the cheapest on the ship and got a beverage package. Embarkation went smooth, better than i expected. Boom we're on the ship drinking cocktails and getting settled in. Find our friend, find the smoking section and lit up a cigar. This is where we met 4 other couples, and we all started to sit around in a big circle. We all got to know each other and decided to all go ashore in Ensenada together. Everyday we'd meet someone new and spend time getting to know them. I think people that come on this cruise and give it a bad review want to be treated like they're on a luxury cruise line and this isn't what this trip is...I mean this trip cost us 800 and another 400 for drinks. 1200 for a 5 day/4 night cruise and you didn't get treated like royalty? how dare they...lol. The ship is clean. The new additions they did last year work well. The food is what you'd expect on a 4 day economy cruise. The staff is always working hard. The customers are always rude (just like all the other cruise lines). The decor is out dated, and the rooms are small....go and meet some nice people, take a break from work for a week and still have the weekend at home to recover. The cruise is what it is....we made the best of it and had a ball

Second time was way better.

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by monty4200

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Porthole

The cruise is what it is....we made the best of it and had a ball
monty4200’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Porthole
Cabin PT m15
Exactly what i expected, it's a porthole room after all. Was clean, neat, cleaned everyday and the bed was turned down every night. The room steward was as good as any I've had. I've never been disappointed with a room steward on any cruise line we've used. Somehow they always call me by name from day one all the way thru the cruise. I always chat with the room stewards, say please and thank you when they do things for us, maybe that's where some give the room stewards a bad review...I mean they're not slaves, they're working hard to give you a good vacation.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins