3. Celebrity Infinity
Infinity is a smaller older ship who still looks good for the most part. The crew were overwhelmingly helpful, friendly, polite and fun. I never saw the Captain. Some cruises you see him all over the ship, not this one. I even did a bridge tour with the Elite group and no Captain. No big deal. Stayed in 8121, an accessible sky suite. When I originally booked I needed one for my husband who has since died. I tried to change to another but they were sold out. As soon as I boarded I asked Guest Relations to switch me if a handicapped person in a sky suite needed it. Nobody did. I HATED this room that they call a suite! I expected a roomier room since it's accessible and it is that, but the balcony is the size of a regular balcony. I paid for a suite and got a regular balcony! That really burns me up! There was no ramp to roll a wheelchair out onto the small balcony. I was told that they lay one down when it's needed! If my wheelchair bound husband was on this cruise he would not have been able to turn the wheelchair around on the balcony - that's how narrow it is. The towels were worn and thin, one of them was torn at the seam. Again - paid for a suite and get lousy towels?!?! If you've ever been in a motor home then you know what the toilet is like. That is exactly how the toilets are on this ship. Let me tell you - they are not comfortable. The roll-in shower allowed water to spray half way across the room, so I used the crummy towels to sop it up after each shower. Also the shower is quite small. There were other cosmetic flaws that I pointed out to guest services, such as broken drawers and a broken cabinet. They fixed the broken cabinet as soon as they were told about it. The beauty of being in a suite is that we were treated very well. We met our butler (I honestly had no use for him) and our cabin attendant right away. Erick Guzman was our concierge at Michaels Club and he was fantastic! We mostly dined in Luminae where the staff was excellent until the last night. The maitre 'd forgot about us and seated table after table after table. He was very apologetic but it was 50 minutes later and we still weren't seated. Since we had to pack up to leave at 7:30 the next morning we ordered from that menu for room service. It was cold, had no bread, had no salt, pepper, no drawn butter and had no utensils. Also they sent up the desserts at the same time ... ice cream - of course it was melted. It was the only bad thing that occured on the cruise, aside from the room. It was a big inconvenience and the maitre 'd was very sorry but it completely ruined the last night's dinner ... lobster! I had complained about the room and other issues early on and Guest Services took excellent care of us. They gave us a very generous future cruise OBC to try to make up for the trouble. That helps. Ate in Qsine on the one day they offer lunch. Normally $25 the guy sold it to us for $20 each. Not worth it. None of the food was spectacular and 2 dishes that should have been hot were not. The buffet food was buffet food. Cafe al bacio (spelling?) was great. They make up great coffees, tea, hot chocolate and have a full bar as well. You pay for these but the pastries, cookies and cakes are free. The Martini Bar was very fun. The guys working there were very entertaining although the drinks weren't spectacular. Rendezvous Lounge was great - very good bartenders. The Constellation Lounge was great with very good bartenders. It's a wonderful place to sit and watch the ocean - perfect on our Alaskan cruise. We played trivia and enjoyed many cocktails there. The cruise director was Damien and he was really very good! I prefer the big new ships that have so many activites. It can be pretty boring on the Infinity. .... and that's my opinion Happy sails

Celebrity Infinity

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by lizmit

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Sky Suite 2

Nobody did.

The buffet food was buffet food.

The cruise director was Damien and he was really very good!

.... and that's my opinion

Happy sails
lizmit’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Sky Suite 2
Cabin S2 8121
Terrible cabin. Small balcony and if you have good hearing you'll constantly hear the hum of the elevators as well as the ding.
I don't recommend this room to anyone.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins