• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

MSC Opera Review

Editor Rating
8 Awards

Best Itinerary for a Baltic Cruise!

Review for MSC Opera to the Baltic Sea
Dan&Gilda@Rio
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2016
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

After search for a cruise around the Baltic, we found this one and choose it for the best itinerary (it visited more ports than cruises offered by other cruise lines) and for the incredible price (less than 1000 euros per passenger).

I had cruised on MSC Opera in Brazil few years ago, before its stretchening and renewal. I love this ship for its size (perfect - not so large like a floating mega-resort and not too small to be boring). An indoor pool (or retractable roof) and heating would be welcome, because the cruise sailed in a cold region, and almost only two jacuzzis were used.

Service and food is OK, but I expected more, especially after compare it with the seen on my previous cruises with MSC in South America, when the food had more variety and taste and the waiters used to be less "cold". Despite the great number of brazilian and portuguese passengers aboard, there was no announcements and menus in Portuguese (it's a fail - today MSC is the market leader in Brazil!).

Interior Stateroom

Cabin I1

Clean and spacious! As we spend most time visiting the ports or outside the cabin, it was enough for us.

Port Reviews

Copenhagen

Riga

Tallinn

Helsinki

Hop-on Hop-off bus. Good! It's enough to see most of the city.

Stockholm

Rostock (Warnemunde)

The port city (Warnemünde) is cool. Would like to have more time to stay there (we spent most of our time visiting Rostock).

10 Helpful Vote