3. MSC Opera
After search for a cruise around the Baltic, we found this one and choose it for the best itinerary (it visited more ports than cruises offered by other cruise lines) and for the incredible price (less than 1000 euros per passenger). I had cruised on MSC Opera in Brazil few years ago, before its stretchening and renewal. I love this ship for its size (perfect - not so large like a floating mega-resort and not too small to be boring). An indoor pool (or retractable roof) and heating would be welcome, because the cruise sailed in a cold region, and almost only two jacuzzis were used. Service and food is OK, but I expected more, especially after compare it with the seen on my previous cruises with MSC in South America, when the food had more variety and taste and the waiters used to be less "cold". Despite the great number of brazilian and portuguese passengers aboard, there was no announcements and menus in Portuguese (it's a fail - today MSC is the market leader in Brazil!). We also missed a shuttle to/from Copenhagen homeport (linking it to a central train station or to the airport). Even the ferry companies (such as DFDS) are offering it! It was offered only in the last cruise day and ended soon. We tried to book it before leaving the ship but the bookings were finished (on DFDS ferry we booked the shuttle few minutes before disembarking). About the shore excursions, we booked only one (Catherine's palace in St Petersburg). Good service, better than other shore excursions we'd booked on previous cruises.

Best Itinerary for a Baltic Cruise!

MSC Opera Cruise Review by Dan&Gilda@Rio

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Bella Interior Stateroom

Dan&Gilda@Rio’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Opera price drops

Bella Interior Stateroom
Cabin I1 7007
Clean and spacious! As we spend most time visiting the ports or outside the cabin, it was enough for us.
Norma Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins