3. Oasis of the Seas
We chose this cruise because we've always wanted to try out one of the mega-ships and came across a good deal but we're pretty sure we won't be sailing one of these type ships again any time soon. More like a floating Vegas hotel than a cruise ship. Luckily we had an oceanview balcony but if you have an inside cabin you might not even know you were on a ship unless you were up top in the pool and recreation area or in the back of the Boardwalk area. There is no promenade deck and hardly any outside views at all in the public rooms. The food was okay in the main dining room, nothing special. The first night the service was chaotic but the servers kept apologizing for the disorganization and it improved greatly after that. Lovely waiter and assistant, too. We had a 3 dinner package one of which was the only memorable one. The Italian was a disappointment although the wine pairing dinner in 150 Central park was the highlight of our dining experiences. We highly recommend that one. We had a wonderful server who's name escapes me, maybe because he poured a full glass of wine with each course and we were seeing double by the time dinner was over. We had to cancel our comedy club reservation that night we were so blotto from the wine pairing and couldn't get another reservation for the rest of the week unless we wanted to standby. Nope. No wasting an hour of my cruise time standing in line for a show I might not be able to see. Who's idea was it to have a comedy club with a capacity of just a couple hundred people on a ship with 6,000 passengers? The shows in the outdoor water theater were fantastic, just beautiful. Very talented artists! We went to see them twice, the first time we had a reservation and the second time we just walked up as we could see they still had a lot of seats available. The ship was full and you had to have reservations for most of your activities including the shows. Sorry, that much planning ahead on vacation is not for us. We did the private island excursion in Haiti which was very nice with not more than 30 something guests and a beautiful beach. You just have to try to ignore the Haitian men that stand on the beach staring and the ones in the boats holding up fish they want to sell. Overall the staff were great except for a couple of frazzled bartenders. Our room steward was top notch. We never had to ask for anything, he knew exactly what we needed and was just a sweet guy too. One tip ladies, they will have 2 Michael kors sales. They're both overpriced you can do much better at Macy's or ebay but if you really must have one (I got suckered into 2) go to the 2nd sale and get there early, better deals but the lines are long. Although they sold me a bag for $159.00 and then came running down the hall saying they charged me the wrong price. What?! How is that my problem? They said they would have to refund me and charge me the correct price $228.00. Now that I look back I should have objected but I felt I was being held hostage so I didn't make a fuss. We didn't have a drink package because we can't possibly drink that much including Diamond lounge complimentary drinks almost every evening. Which reminds me that we both came down with what we suspect was food poisoning. Our Diamond Lounge host came down with the same symptoms a few days before us. Severe stomach pains with headache and fever. It was not noro, no vomiting, etc. Luckily this happened the last 2 days of the cruise so we just stayed in our cabin in quite a bit of misery and had our towels switched out. My husband did not want to go to the medical facility, which I wish I didn't agree to. I had to go to the emergency room a few days after returning home because the pain would not go away. They didn't think it was noro either, did a CT scan and prescribed antibiotics which helped but with my already existing intestinal issues I have not been the same since. Luckily we have insurance because the ER bill was over $8,000.00 but I'm still working out the co-pays. We will not consider doing a ship with over 6,000 passengers again unless they can improve the disembarkation process. What a mess! We were both still feeling weak and felt we couldn't handle all of our bags ourselves to do the self disembarkation so we had to pick them up in the customs area. Big mistake. Our disembarkation time was about 8:15 am but our number wasn't called until after 10:00 and we didn't get out of the terminal until about 11:45 The customs hall is just not equipped to handle that many passengers in Fort Lauderdale. It was hot, with a sea of people in front of us and only 4 Customs windows open for U.S. passengers. Fights were breaking out in line. Where were the cruise line agents? Nowhere in sight. It was every man for himself. Our flight was about 2:00 and we were getting worried we might be too late which added to the stress. We mostly have good memories from this ship (after all it's a cruise!) but some not so good ones as well. A lot of people love the Oasis of the Seas and mega-ships like her but we like a cruising experience where the sea is the main attraction and the ocean views are everywhere. We're also not looking at RCCL for any future cruises. Our business, our countless past cruises or future dollars means nothing to them. Their "customer care" never answered any of my emails.

Amazing mega ship, just not our cup of tea.

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by webecruzin2

Overall the staff were great except for a couple of frazzled bartenders.

Their "customer care" never answered any of my emails.
webecruzin2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Ocean view balcony 2/3rds. towards the stern. Pack light because these cabins are small and storage space is limited. We are 2 slim people and it was just a little too tight getting around the bed and a tiny vanity area.
The bathroom was average size with adequate storage for our toiletries. Bed was comfy. Balcony was average about 50 sq. ft.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans