3. Carnival Breeze
We had an absolutely fantastic vacation on the Carnival Breeze!! I was a little nervous after reading many poor reviews but we couldn't have been more pleased. My husband and I traveled with another couple who were first time cruisers. We drove to the Galveston Port and parked at the terminals parking facility. It was very well organized, a great value and close to the port. We were shuttled to the terminal and started the process which was simple and relatively speedy. Once on the ship, we had a quick lunch, a few drinks and our rooms were ready for us. We booked an inside stateroom and it was right on par with the other rooms we stayed in. I would recommend a splitter and a small extension cord if you have multiple items to plug in as there was only 1 outlet in the room. Our cabin Steward, Jesus, did an absolutely incredible job. He took care of every request quickly and was always in the hallways with a smile and kind words. He always called us by our names and was a fantastic to deal with. My husband and I purchased the cheers package after calculating we would each need to drink about 5 drinks a day to break even. Apparently Texas has some silly laws and the program didn't start until the second day of the cruise......but we crushed it!! Between the 2 of us we consumed 97 alcoholic beverages and came out way ahead. I recommend ordering at the bar yourself and choosing only top shelf liquor to maximize your expense. We found the drinks delivered to you at poolside were watered down versions. The drinks you ordered out the bar were very well made. We chose anytime dining for the first time ever and really enjoyed the flexibility. We were assigned to the Sapphire dining room. I did miss having the same dining room staff each night but the waiters and staff did an outstanding job as always. The food was delicious and an experience each and every night. There were a few things I did not care for but I simply ordered something more to my liking.....The absolutely best thing I ate on the menu was the Ox Tongue, that's right!!! Don't miss it. We only had breakfast in the dining room one day. We both had the steak and eggs and the filet was cooked to perfection. Loved Guys Burgers and the Burrito Bar. I did not visit the buffet so I cannot comment on that but the made to order eggs in the morning were fabulous. The entire staff on the ship was energetic and fun. I was not too impressed with the entertainment in the theater. This was our first cruise since they changed the shows and it was disappointing not to have live music any longer. The shows have potential however the entertainment staff did not seem to work well at both singing and dancing. Some of the singing was pretty sad actually. We didn't really mind because we found the comedy club the best entertainment on the ship. We enjoyed it every evening, usually twice. Kudos to Carnival for booking some great talent there. My biggest complaint about our experience on the ship was the pools. Due to the time of year the crowd was not too big, there were not hoards of kids occupying the pool but the temperature of the pool was, to put it mildly, ridiculous!! The water was so hot we felt refreshed getting out of the water not in. People were complaining the entire time about the high temperature of the water but it remained the same the entire trip and was the same in all the pools. We have always enjoyed the pools in the past but on this occasion some of the hot tubs were actually cooler than the pools. I felt that one issue really needs to be addressed. Our cruise experience would have been much more enjoyable if that one simple thing was addressed. We visited Cozumel, Belize and Isla Rotan. We do not book our excursions through Carnival and choose to employee the locals for our adventures. In Cozumel we walked off the ship and found a small company outside Carnival's port to take us on a great snorkeling trip and had a great time. In Belize, we chose to take a bus to a tubing trip through some underground caves.......Although the actual tube riding was fun, it was a 2 hour ride on a crowded bus with no air-conditioning which was about more than any of us could tolerate. We also had a very long walk to the location once we arrived which was not too bad for most but some really struggled. The walk took us across 3 river crossing which were high with a very strong current. The business 'Butts Up' was disorganized and took a very long time getting people on the tubes and down the river. Once on the tubes we had a very good time and the guides were fantastic. We then had a long ride back, in a different bus with AC!!! There were people on the bus from the Glory who were actually 1/2 hour past their ships departure time but they made it back with plenty of time to spare. We have been to Belize before and are not impressed. It is a very poor country and the area is littered in garbage and slums. If we make it there again I may just stay on the ship and try and break my record for number of drinks consumed on a cruise!! Isla Rotan, Honduras was absolutely breathtaking. When we got off the ship, the taxis at the port were charging $35/person for a ride and they had no shortage of takers. My husband, who is always up for an adventure passed them, and Carnival's zip line company by and walked off the pier and over the hill where the locals were trying to drum up business. We were fortunate enough to have landed with George, who lives on the island with his family. We bargained with him for seconds and he took us on for $5/person. He drove us to a zip lining company that was fabulous!! We had a great time. George accompanied us on the excursion and we hired another local to take pictures of us. The Zipline tour was $45/person and the CD with all the great photos was $30. We still had lots of time left so George drove us back to the ship and waited for us (without payment yet!!) while we went back for our snorkel gear. He then drove us back across the Island for a private snorkeling trip that blew our minds!!! I would highly recommend the snorkeling at Isla Rotan.....In fact, wouldn't miss it. George then took us to a small shop to buy T-shirts and then back to the ship. He stayed with us the entire day and was a wealth of knowledge. His van was very clean and had nice cold AC. In the end, we paid him a well earned $100, not the $20 we bargained for. It was well worth it!!! Look him up when you get there and you will not be disappointed. We did not use the fitness room as we were too busy eating and drinking so I cannot comment on that. I also didn't rate the excursions as we never book them through Carnival. Debarkation was a mess, as usual. We didn't get off the ship and back to the car until 11am. It doesn't help when your vacation is over and your headed home but we made out just fine. Overall we had an exceptional trip. I really don't understand how anyone can walk away from one of these cruises with a bad experience. This was our 10th and as of yet we have no real complaints and certainly none that would ruin our entire vacation or prevent us from going on another, tomorrow!! Of course, some people would complain if their Ice Cream was too cold!! Our traveling partners also had a fantastic time and are anxious to book another trip.

Great time on the Breeze!!

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by lpd962

lpd962’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Interior
Cabin 4A 10218
I picked 4A Category but I actually have no idea other than it was an inside state room in the forward of the ship. We were on deck 10 and it was a perfect location with a straight shot to the pool and bars on deck.
Deck 1 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins