3. Oosterdam
My husband and I have cruised many times, but never with Holland America. We chose them as we liked the Riviera itinerary and it certainly did not disappoint, nor did the Oosterdam. The ship has just been re-done and is stunning. Very tastefully decorated. We had a verandah room which I don't think had been re-done yet (?), however it was very nice also. It has a nice size verandah with two reclining chairs and a table. The bathroom definitely hadn't been re-done, but was acceptable. We enjoyed the choices for evening entertainment, however felt that the "Main Stage" could use some improvement. I would say 50% of the shows in the Main Stage were good and the others just "so so" compared to Celebrity for example. The dining was excellent! We never felt the need to dine in the specialty dining venues. Food was great, presentation also very nice. Quantities were on the smaller side, but easily rectified obviously since you can have as much as you want and my husband would just ask prior to ordering so that it came on one plate vs. two different meals. We thought it may have been an older crowd based on things we had read about HA. We are mid 50's and I would say most were in their 50's or early 60's. This particular ship is suitable for couples from their 40's on as there really aren't children's activities, although they do have a children's club I believe. I think we saw 4 children during out 12 days. Service was exceptional in all areas, as you would expect. This was our first HA cruise, but definitely not our last.

Excellent Riviera Cruise with Holland America

Oosterdam Cruise Review by PL56

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Service was exceptional in all areas, as you would expect.

This was our first HA cruise, but definitely not our last.
PL56’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Oosterdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VB 5142
The cabin was comfortable with plenty of storage. A large flat screen TV faces the bed. There is a little desk/make-up table, a love seat and chair and table, as well as the bed and bedside tables. The verandah has two reclining chairs and a table.
Observation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins