3. MSC Divina
Had a great time on the Divina sailing to St. Maarten, San Juan and Nassau. The weather was gorgeous and I was able to have a couple nice beach days. The ship was going into dry dock the week after but showed very few signs of age. The MSC staff does a great job of keeping everything spic and span. This was my first time sailing aboard a MSC ship and was a bit hesitant given some of the lukewarm and poor reviews. I had nothing to be afraid of. The service level was good as well as the food. This was my 8th cruise and was by far the easiest embarkation and debarkation that I've ever experienced. We were on the ship by noon and got off the ship by 6:30 AM the following week. We were back at Fort Lauderdale airport by 7:30. The buffet was enormous with several different stations and plenty of seating. I enjoyed the pasta bar and pizza the most. The ethnic corner on the buffet was also very popular. The buffet reminded me of the offerings aboard the NCL Getaway. The breakfast offerings were adequate even though they never changed from day to day. For dinner, we at in the main dining room most nights but also did the buffet and even ate at the specialty restaurant, Eataly Steakhouse one night. The steakhouse was just OK and really was more of an Italian eatery. We would've much preferred a traditional steakhouse. In the dining room, portions were small but the wait staff were very accommodating and always offered to bring another course or entree if desired. I took them up on an extra lobster tail on the second formal night. We spent most days aboard by the pool. This ship had three pools to choose from but we preferred the main pool because of the music and activity. The other pools would be good if you were looking for a slower pace. One of them was covered. Bar service was good. We often were able to find a waiter who could take our drink order but other times we would just go up to the bar. We bought the drink coupons prior to sailing, which made this very easy. I ended up purchasing 18 coupons and still had some left at the end of the cruise. They were a great deal averaging around $5 per mixed drink. The shows were very entertaining. Most of them did not really have any dialogue given how international the passengers were. I liked "The Witches of Paris" the best. The acrobats in the shows were very impressive. Many of the reviews for this ship said the food is terrible and the service level is lacking. I honestly did not experience any of that. I am very easygoing so maybe some of the little things really did not bother me. Here are a couple things MSC could work on though: - Have a better way to look up your photos in the gallery. Go digital. Also have more opportunities for fun photos when getting off the ship at port. They never had anyone dressed up to take your photo with. Most photos were taken in the dining room. - The sooner you implement My Time Dining for everyone, the better. Having to share a table was my least favorite activity from this cruise even though the couple we were seated with couldn't have been nicer. I just like to relax. - Get a traditional steakhouse. I was not impressed with Eataly. The laminated menus cheapened the experience. - I really missed having a comedian on board. I always enjoy going to the comedy show but understand it can be difficult on MSC due to so many cultures on board. Overall, I had a very nice, relaxing cruise and would not hesitate cruising with MSC again!

A relaxing sailing to the Caribbean

MSC Divina Cruise Review by sirfuller

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Fantastica Balcony Stateroom

sirfuller’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Fantastica Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B2 10134
A standard balcony cabin. Had a connecting door, which was far from sound proof. Sometimes it sounds like the neighbors were in our room. I liked how the shower door pushed into the shower when not being used. This added some needed space in the bathroom. This is a good location, near the elevators/stairs and only cabins above and below. Was a pretty quiet location.
Cupido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins