3. Zuiderdam
Chose it to get out of the Florida heat for Aug. The staff was fantastic. Food was good in all restaurants. Entertainment was very poor. The ship is in need of renovation, no major problems, just old and worn. Had a guaranteed suite, got 8040.Lovely room- plenty of space, whirlpool, double sinks, extra large balcony (too cold to use it much). Bad news, underneath ping-pong table and chaise lounge stacking area. Lots of traffic noise. Guest service did compensate us with a free meal at Pinnacle Grill, nice. They also closed the ping pong table at 9:30 pm and opened it after 9am. Love the size of the ship. Getting on and off or excursions no problem. Booked our excursions online, no regrets. Saved a lot of money. Was pleasantly surprised by all the ports. Really enjoyed them. The weather was great. Lectures on Viking segment were very good. Cruising Prince Christensen Sound was fantastic. Other sea day were restful. Not many physical activities planned on the ship, mostly sitting activities. Miss the Fitness Programs - was a great way to meet people, stay active and have fun on sea days. I wouldn't do it again because I have more place to see on my list, but I do highly recommend this itinerary

Baltic Sea and Transatlantic

Zuiderdam Cruise Review by jetobt

jetobt’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Zuiderdam price drops

Spacious, very clean. Mid-ship location. Loved the whirlpool tub and shower. Double sinks great. Plenty of closet space. Large balcony, didn't use it much. Deck stayed dirty, guess they can't help that, it was cleaned twice during our voyage. Loved all the amenities. Got this as an upgrade from Balcony, pretty good!! Downside - underneath ping pong table, chaise lounge stacking area and path way from Spa to Lido, lots of traffic overhead, noisy. Glad I brought ear plugs.
  Zuiderdam Deck Plans