3. Norwegian Breakaway
We decided to take a group cruise with around 50 friends and family. Our group consisted of avid cruisers and some first timers. Overall I cannot recommend this ship to anyone, too many thing were wrong for me to consider it a success. Dining in the speciality restaurants was exceptional, but as a reminder expect to drop 40 to 50 dollars per person every time you eat at one of the locations. The other restaurants were what I would expect at a local chain restaurant. The food was ok with nothing to really write home about. Being with a large group all our reservations were linked, so during the first night onboard we went to the Savor and asked to be seated near each other. Our expectations were not to sit together but near by. They ended up sitting us all over the empty restaurant and filling large tables with 5 people from our party and 5 or 6 people from a completely different group. The shining star for food is the Uptown Bar and Grill, great burgers and it is included in the cruise price. Overall the ship was in complete disrepair. Both big screen televisions were missing so many pixels that you could barley watch or play the games because the words were cut off. The table tennis table actual collapsed on my nephew while he was playing. Finally during the busy time of the day they would close one of the two pool bars so, drinks could only be received by three bar tenders. Finally I would like to say that Norwegian needs to re-evaluate the free drinks. I do not think they need to remove it but re-evaluate. We sailed during spring break and I will never sail Norwegian during that time again. It was a complete drink fest. The pool deck was completely unusable, because of the foul language, grinding and all the others thing that young men and women were doing in the pool and pool area. Drink spilled in the pool on the deck. It was not good for anyone. It actually got so bad my niece was punched in the face for defending a women in the elevator. Security was actually increase at the next port because of this and the fights and stabbing. Overall I think I will stay clear of NCL for a while.

Breakaway was no break at all

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by jfmatt26

Ages 13 to 15
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Family Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M2 8714
I would like to start out saying the balcony on this room was great. Extra large balcony with plenty of room for a few people. The back half is covered from the balcony above while the front half is open. Looking up you can see to the top of the ship. Overall the room itself was what I would expect from a mini suite. My primary complaint was the bathroom. When we first arrived the tile floor in the bathroom shower was completely broken with sharp pieces. I notified guest service and the room attendant and nothing was done, and no one offered any type of compensation. I barely received a sorry for the inconvenience. If that would have been my only complaint I would recommend the ship, but I cannot.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins