3. MSC Magnifica
This was our 3rd cruise with a different company which we were looking forward to even after reading the negative reviews on here.Embarkation was painless and only took around 15 minutes which was very acceptable, it would have helped had the staff explained the next procedure like keys for the cabin, how to order drinks without a card etc.Our cabin exceeded our expectations roomy and spotlessly clean throughout the whole holiday thanks to the cabin steward who we justly rewarded at the end of our cruise.Entertainment was a little childish I think catering for children even though there shouldn't have been any on board due to most countries insisting they attend school in the term time.The evening bar and lounge time was very relaxing I have to say none of the singers would have made it to judges houses on the X Factor. Waiting staff in the lounges were very hard working and pleasant and we never had to wait for refills of our drinks.The bar and waiting staff at the pool bars during the day time were a totally different matter with 2 of the bar staff being extremely rude and offensive to which I immediately tackled them about much to their astonishment of any passenger understanding their rantings in English.Service there throughout the cruise was slow and most of the time impossible to attract any waiting service far easier to go to the bar be ignored for 15 minutes and eventually get served. The food throughout the whole week was nothing more than disgusting in both the restaurant and the self service buffet. Cold and I dont mean Luke warm, no taste or seasoning and nothing short of an insult to expect normal people to enjoy, I say normal because some of the passengers of whom made up the majority of the ship were certainly not what I have ever experienced before and I hope never to experience again.They were aggressive,greedy beyond anything imaginable loud with screaming horrible brat children who they had neither no control over or in the main encouraged them to be as noisy as possible with no regard for any other passenger.I cannot in all honesty describe the slop food offered throughout the cruise even after complaining to the officer on duty in the restaurant who asked what in my opinion would make things better I replied sack the chef he cannot cook and has no pride in his profession.My comments he assured me would be discussed at the management meeting to which I have no doubt never took place. To sum up if you are happy to be abused by ignorant loud mouthed particular people whom I am not allowed to mention have no regard for filling your self with disgusting food and ignored by uninterested bar staff then this is the holiday for you, for the majority of civilised people with higher expectations avoid MSC like the plague.

Avoid MSC Like The Plague