3. Carnival Vista
First of all I have to commend the staff of the Guest Services desk who were phenomenal. They helped me out since the airline left my bag in New York. They also let me use their international telephone to make phone calls to airlines in order to change my departure plans. They also let me log into the upgraded computer plan and then adjust the charges back down to a lesser plan. The staff of Guest Services changed my rating of the cruise from poor to average. I had a cove balcony cabin which was fine. Cabin steward was not very helpful and rarely seen. Had dinner in the dining room the first night - slow service, cold food no table clothes. My travel companions would not eat in the dining room again instead going up to the buffet. I know that cruising has changed, but it is no longer the value vacation it used to be. Carnival now charges for movies on the cabin television as well as the IMAX theater on board and everywhere else they could make a buck. One bloody mary was $12.99! The room service menu has cut back on "free" offerings and now charges for some items like chicken wings. Come on folks - what happened???? The shops on board were extremely overpriced - more so than usual. I realize that since we were not able to go to Turkey we had to pay the VAT tax on both food,& beverage and on board gift shop purchases. This is the last time I will sail on Carnival. Sorry, but you have cut so many amenities and now it's just tacky.

Bigger is Not Better

kristeydog’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Cove Balcony
Cabin 7C
The cabin lacks storage space. It was a typical cabin. Being close to the water was fine. The Med was smooth and had no problems.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins