This was our ninth Alaskan cruise and in many ways our best. It is no secret that the staff are truly who makes a cruise a special event. The Maasdam staff was beyond exceptional. The wait crew in the Ocean bar, Val, Jerome and Angela went way beyond expectation. The dining room crew was always on top of the service. My wife and I looked forward to our wine stewardess, Princess, greeting us with a heartfelt "good evening." The dining room manager Rex, who we had sailed with in Australia, always was helpful and did so with a smile on his face. Regarding the condition of the ship, I believe the Maasdam to have been the best maintained ship of HAL that we have ever sailed upon. The crew was constantly active washing windows or chipping paint. The Captain was informative yet the announcements were held to a minimum for which I am eternally grateful. I can read a daily schedule myself without having to hear it announced every time a bingo game is starting up. Carlos, our cruise director, was always energetic and up beat. I believe the dance team was the finest I have ever witnessed on a ship. Sasha was a joy to watch as he and his partner "stole the show." The one complaint I have about the entertainment was the cast show "Droom". While executed well, the show just didn't make sense to me. This was my first stop in Kodiak and we thoroughly enjoyed it, particularly the Fish and Wildlife visitors center. Hubbard Glacier as always is the best stop on the voyage.

Another Wonderful HAL Experience

Good to be back’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Maasdam price drops

Large Interior Stateroom
Cabin MM 830
Surprised not to have a fridge, but functional. The crew always kept is squared away.
A Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins