3. Dawn Princess
Cruise was Freemantle to Indonesia. Would never recommend. Our first cruise. On Aloha deck 11. Cabin was fine and kept very clean by stewards. Food plenty of it. Prefer dining in restaurants. Horizons Buffet. - What a nightmare. Twice we left our meals on the table as other inconsiderate passengers coughed and sneezed over our meals. It is far too cramped. I can't believe I paid good many to be packed in sardine style to eat. First week a few people had coughs, 2nd week just about every other person coughing or ill. Only diet drinks are water and Diet Coke. Paid for Internet - what they don't advise is you are going to use up most of your minutes just trying to access the internet, This is a total waste of money. The Promotional and supposedly informative lectures on Ports of Call.where boring, and not well presented. Do not book excursions from ship ( as we did).. They are way over-priced, and are not value for money, The seating on the buses used are designed for Asians, and if you are over 5 Feet tall you are going to be crammed and uncomfortable. Also no duty of care. Leave on tender in the mornings, return late afternoon, and no lunch provided. Great when you are diabetic. On three of these bus tours we had their religious beliefs discussed more than the country or history,. Passengers who booked their own on shore drivers had much better experiences. And also had time to eat. This is the better option. At most places, when you get off the bus, Indonesian vendors or hawkers are going to get right up in your face. They are rude and persistent, and do not take NO for an answer. Don't expect help from tour guide in keeping them away. This upset us greatly, I did not travel overseas to have strangers poking and prodding my arms and back, trying to sell their goods. In Australia we call this ASSAULT. It made our skin crawl, as we had no idea where or what these people had been ,or how hygienic they were. Hubby was so put off by this behaviour he refused to go on Lombok Tour. Which in some ways turned out to be the best one. Yes, I got sick, and ended up spending the last 2 nights in Hospital.

Come Back New ??? Come back Disappointed, Cranky, Disgusted and Sick

Dawn Princess Cruise Review by Maysie04

• Sail Date: July 2016
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
Cruise was Freemantle to Indonesia. Would never recommend.

Food plenty of it. Prefer dining in restaurants.

Only diet drinks are water and Diet Coke.

Yes, I got sick, and ended up spending the last 2 nights in Hospital.
Maysie04’s Full Rating Summary
Get Dawn Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA 607
A607 Aloha Deck. Balcony Aft. room was large enough for us. Wardrobe had plenty of hangers. Bathroom utilities all worked well and kept clean. Stewards kept room very clean. Because of cold temperatures along Western Australian did not use the balcony. And then it was too hot in Indonesia.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Bali
    Those who booked PRIVATE TOURS fared Better and saw more.

We had breakfast at 7.30 am to make sure we would be in Bali for 10.30 am tour.

Boarding the tender was delayed by at least one hour due to rough seas. Once we got to the Bali Coast the tender was delayed a further 40 mins trying to find somewhere to dock. By this time both hubby and I were feeling heat distressed and nausea. People who were not booked on tours went on earlier tenders. Poorly organised. The tenders are over-crowded, and very hot, not air circulation. Arrived in Bali between 11.30 - 12

Seating on the bus is designed for Asians. If over 5 feet tall you are going to be crammed. Too bad if you didn't bring some fruit with you. You are going to be very hungry by the end of this tour.

The first stop Badung Traditional Markets had burnt down, I don't think I could have stomached going thru another Traditional Market as the one Probolinggo turned me off them for life.

1st Stop a/ Jagatnatha Temple this is beside the museum and well worth visiting.

1st Stop. Bali Provincial State Museum (Negeri Propinsi Bali). This was interesting. located in downtown Denpasar, In the southern part of the museum there is Jagatnatha Temple, while Puputan Badung field and Four Faces Statue (Catur Muka statue) is in front of the Museum. The museum is very clean and pretty well maintained. Our tour guide explained the collections in the museum but unfortunately the tour guide was less informative, and the group to large to hear everything. According to the tour guide this museum was once the king of Badung residence. Again not enough time. and this was the first stop.

2nd Stop. .. This was a nearby Hindu village, there was dance demonstration by some young girls, followed by 2 very young boys, The village specialised in wood carving was intriguing to watch. Purchased a few wood elephants in shop, needed more time.

3rd Stop. Gold and Silver Smith Shop in Celuk. Again not enought time to shop

4th stop Batik Demonstration. Already seen one on another tour. So could have missed this one out

Back to tender Arrived on ship after 5.30pm. Too late for formal dining room as we were booked for the 5.30 seating. No food except one very small banana since breakfast at 7.30am. Didn't try the rice cake as was told made on rice and brown sugar. I am diabetic. This was too long to go without food. Not very impressed.

Vendors get in Your face, and won't take no for answer. Too much time spent on bus.
    View All 12,409 Bali Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bali Cruise Port Review
  • Mataram Highlights
    Advise book your own Driver. Buses have cramped seating and are uncomfortable if you are on the all side. .

Stop 1. Lingsar Temple. (Can't comment as I didn't go inside, was feeling sick and unable to climb the stairs)

Stop 2. The Pearl shop. Could have spent hours here. One of two things I wanted to buy was pearl earrings and I purchased a lovely large pair of sea pearl earrings. Didn't have time to find a matching brooch.

Markets again to many vendors in your face. They are aggressive and won't take no for answer. I gave up and went back to the bus.

stop 4 Nusa Tenggara Barat Mueum. This was had English translations. Nothing dated.

Again too much time spent on the bus
    View All 2 Mataram Highlights Reviews
  • Perth (Fremantle)
    Only spent late morning and early afternoon walking around. Freemantle.But was very happy with what I saw. This was our first overseas trip, so we were a bit anxious paperwork wasn't completed correctly. Helpful staff assured us all was in order. Boarding was well organised.
    View All 85 Perth (Fremantle) Cruise Port Reviews