Ventura Cruise Review

Ventura Cruise Review by Ella C

• Sail Date: Sep 2016
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe
  • Cabin Type: Outside Twin with Shower

Went on the trip as a birthday gift from my parents, they love cruises but it didn't really suit me. I enjoyed the evenings in the casino, meals in the waiter staffed restaurants and the shows. Maxine Mazunda was brilliant as Dusty Springfield and she does Adele. I struggled with the day times as the weather wasn't great so I got bored. The day time entertainment was more for older people, dance lessons, crafts, bingo. I ended up eating too much to pass the time. The food was good, plenty of shops to look around. Service was a bit up and down depending on the waiter. The casino guys were brilliant, really good fun. The rooms were well kept, mine was quite small but big enough for me. I had a large port hole and good view. I didn't try the spa as seemed v expensive but there were offers throughout the week if you hold off long enough.

Ella C's Full Rating Summary

Outside Twin with Shower
Cabin LB E703

Small but had a large bed made up of two singles pushed together so you couldn't stretch across both as the centre where the two met was raised making it uncomfortable. Shower was powerful, pretty small. I had a good sized port hole and view. Tea and coffee facilities and biscuits topped up every day. Water on arrival but have to buy after that. Fridge in room. Safe in room. Hangers clanged in the night when the boat rocked which was annoying. My door also knocked when the boat rocked. 1st night there was something making a load bang like a life boat hitting the side but stopped after that night. My steward was a bit slack re fresh shower mat and towels even when I left them on the floor for changing he just hung them back up. Had to use the pool towel a couple of times.

Not enough info from guide who simply dropped us off and left us. Pick up point blocked the traffic causing tail back and irate drivers beeping horns.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
St. Peter Port (Guernsey)

Bit choppy having to go via boat. Queues were long to get off the boat. Guernsey was similar to any English town.

Ella C