3. Carnival Inspiration
I chose this cruise as a gift for my hubby's 60th birthday. He loved it! While we enjoyed the cruise overall, there were a few flies in the ointment you might say. First oops was, they got our boarding pass pictures mixed up with someone else and security held me back, treating me like some kind of terrorist and never apologized. I was NOT happy with this but they finally figured it out and we boarded the ship. Number one and a half was the stability of the ship. I've been on 2 other cruises (both Princess) and other than 1 stormy night at sea, they were as stable as being on dry land. The Inspiration was like one giant rocking chair floating in the water. Good thing we brought our Pepto and nausea tablets! Number two was we had a little misunderstanding with our room cleaning situation and the phone didn't work right. It took 3 different attempts with guest services to get it right but all in all, Carnival staff more than made up for it by treating us to steak and lobster (normally charged for on this particular cruise) and a free bottle of wine. Number 3 was no hot shower for me on the first day. Brrrrr. They sent someone to fix it though and everything was fine after that. The food was deelish especially the Guy burgers and that chocolate molten cake...mmmmm! Things to bring if you go or ( when we go again): bring sodas in an aluminum can, not a plastic bottle. Bring a little clock for your room and make sure to have a watch. Make sure to bring your own tote/shopping bag when you get off in Ensenada so you can fill it up with goodies you buy. And don't forget to go tinkle BEFORE you get off because finding a bathroom on shore was a real hassle. McDonald's makes you buy something before you can use theirs and it was stinky and deplorable! The 70's show on night 4 was GROOVY baby! We got to be VIP's and danced on stage with the cast. SO much fun! The line dancing and social dancing on the lido deck was a blast too! It was definitely a 20-30 somethings cruise but we made it our own. We danced to hip and sassy music of Magic Tractor in the Violin lounge. They were rockin!!! I was told at first there was no formal night but there is. It's called elegant night so, bring your dress up duds. Men: you don't have to wear a tux and ladies don't need a fancy ball gown. My hubby wore a dark shirt and black pants and I wore a black cami with a white tutu skirt...again: we made it our own! Do I recommend this cruise? Yes. Absolutely! For the money, you just can't beat it!

Great Times, Great Value!

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by stit60

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

stit60’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6A E4
The bathroom was a little stinky. Also, watch your step going into the bathroom. Chances are you'll have at least one stubbed toe if you don't remember! They supply shower gel, hand soap and shampoo.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins