3. Koningsdam
My wife and I love cruising-you get to see so much-in luxury- without having to pack and unpack,travel to and from airports/rail stations, etc. We've cruised much of the world but this is our first on Holland America. Chose Holland America's Koningsdam because of newness and luxury and wanted to experience Norwegian Fjords for 2 weeks. This turned out to have been a wise choice for the following reasons- 1-The ship is very beautiful -inside and out 2-Food was delicious in all venues especially the Tamarind Asian restaurant-highly recommended 3-Our Neptune Suite was so comfortable and beautiful 4-The Norwegian Fjords were breathtaking 5-Our tours were wonderful and well-priced There were,however, two downsides. The first was a lack of really good lectures and information. Lectures tended to involve buying stuff on board. The second was entertainment. Aside from one absolutely hillarious comic guy, whose name I forget- I think we stayed for one other good show- the rest were just programmers. I suppose if you enjoy a ship's company singing and jumping around, you'd be happy enough. We were not! Not much to do or see in the evening. but the days were sooo satisfying. Anyway my wife and I got much needed rest in our beautiful suite. Embarkation and dis-embarkation were no problem at all- in part because we were suite guests with privileges. A truly great cruise experience!

Wonderful Ship, Wonderful Cruise

DMandel46’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Koningsdam price drops

Neptune Suite with Verandah
Cabin SC 6210
We originally booked for a signature suite. On Koningsdam however, these suites are oddly configured with a good deal of useless square footage which would make it feel far smaller than it actually is. So when Holland America offered us a Neptune suite, Iwas able to get them down to a reasonable price. We were in the rear corner on deck six with a huge wrap-around terrace and many side and rear windows=perfect for a particularly scenic cruise. Though square footage was smaller than signature suite configuration of cabin made it feel more spacious and open and comfortable. One very important downside. We hist some very rough weather/seas and the cabin banged up and down like a motorcycle sidecar. We lost two nights sleep! Not pleasant! Would not book a corner again!
Sun Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins