3. Carnival Ecstasy
This was our second time on the Ecstasy. Our first time two years ago left a little to be desired. This time however, was as good as our cruise last summer on the Dream! I'll highlight below: -chose this as a bday celebration for our youngest child. Easy drive to Charleston from Atlanta. Had FTTF. The entry into the port parking is a little nutty and we waited an hour in line! (Take the kids to the bathroom before you head to the port! They had port-a potties but in 95 degree weather, no thanks!) however, once we parked and got our sail and sign cards, we walked right on into our room. - we have always had baronies or suites but since we have another cruise in November, we opted for an oceanview. We were on the main level (deck 7) just down the hall from guest services, and the atrium bar. However, we never heard anything! We were back in the room by 10pm most nights and never had an issue. It was roomy enough for 4 ppl and our kids are preschoolers so they opted to share the mini twin cot low to the ground vs the Pullman which actually calmed my nerves bc I was convinced we'd have an accident!. - we opted for both Am/Pm cleanings. Didn't see our room steward much at all but our room was always clean. I had to ask for room service menus bc there weren't any in our room. Glad we weren't first time cruisers bc I won't have known otherwise. -Camp Ocean staff was fabulous and really stuck to their daily activities. Each time we went to drop off/pick up, they were doing what they said they'd be doing. Our kids loved eating with their campers too in the Lido restaurant most nights. This ship is older and smaller but still has a lot of kid stuff. Arcade had about ten games, mini golf, waterworks with the mini slides for the little ones, and all the Dr Seuss stuff. We paid the $20 for our family to do the Dr Seuss breakfast and I'm glad we did. Kids really enjoyed it. - Cruise Director was Benjamin Lambert. Fabulous. I never understood how people were so attached to their cruise directors but this guy is everywhere that you start to think you actually know him! He's very talented and so funny. He really made the trip for us. - food was excellent this time around. Literally can't complain. I'm not a big buffet person so stuck to the made to order omelette's in the morning, pizza/salad bar/Mongolian wok for lunch and MDR for dinner. Excellent. Pizza in the lido was especially good. -Always found lounge chairs and our ship sailed full. -made the famed stop at Half Moon Cay and that was the highlight of our trip. Beautiful and the whole day is so convenient since it's Carnival's island. We rented Cabana number 6 and it was the perfect spot for us. Close enough to the action but not loud at all. Close to bathroom, playground and buffet. -Nassau was what I remembered. It looked like it was going to rain (but just drizzled for two min!) so we opted not to do our own beach day as planned and instead hopped on a horse drawn carriage ride with the kids and got a mini tour of the city. Then a quick walk by the straw market, fresh coconut juice and back to the ship to swim. -didn't see the dance shows (saw them two years ago) but I hope they change them up soon. We love the comedy shows but we always opted to get our kids right around the time the R rated one was starting so we weren't able to see it. We did go to Some music events and trivia which were well done and great. All in all, we were so pleased with this vacation. The crew were so friendly and the food was great. Don't let the small ship scare you. Can't beat the price and it still has just about everything we did on the Dream!

Ecstasy quick review (vacation with preschoolers)

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Sthrncrusr

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

-Always found lounge chairs and our ship sailed full.

Sthrncrusr’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6D E46
Despite its location, it was so quiet and the A/C worked great.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins