3. Island Princess
This was the third Princess cruise for my husband & I. We travelled to the embarkation port (Vancouver, BC) by Amtrak, staying in Seattle, WA and Vancouver prior to embarkation. The island Princess is looking a little worn in several places, but was very clean. One thing I noticed was an ongoing mildew odor in the corridors located midship. We did not eat in the dining room. Instead we ate at the Bayou Cafe, Sabatinis, & the buffet. Evey call made to room service was filled quickly I cannot recommend the Bayou Cafe. The steak we ordered was more than half fat/gristle/bone. It was one of the worst steaks I have ever eaten. Fortunately, the meals we had at Sabatinis (dinner & breakfast) were good. The buffet offered less itiems, but they were of a better quality.than previous cruises. We didnot particiapte in any activites/entertainment. The only feature i used was the thermal suite. Although it is smaller than what i expected, I enjoyed the experience. The customer service was what made this cruise. All the crew members i encountered were friendly and helpful The only bad note was that we waited 3 hours to dismbark. This was the worst dismbarkation experience I have ever had. I probably wouldn't sale this ship again unless it was assigned a new itinerary

Island Princess 9/14/16

Island Princess Cruise Review by LSGDRG

I probably wouldn't sale this ship again unless it was assigned a new itinerary
LSGDRG’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Princess price drops

Premium Suite with Balcony
Cabin S5 B745
The cabin was very spacious. It included a large shower, along with a seperate tub. It was nice to have an area to watch tv, along with another tv in the bedroom area.There is plenty of storage & drapes to seperate the living area from the bedroom. The front cabin door enters into a small hallway so noone can peek into your room. The balcony is coveraed & includes a lounger and table with 2 chairs. The downside to this cabin was the ongoing vibration. The vibration was much more noticeable than other aft cabins I have been in.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Butchart Gardens
    Since we did not have much time in port, we took a trip to Butchart gardens through the ship. The bus driver gave commentary en route to the gardens. I was glad that we went early since it was getting crowded when we were leaving. I wish that there had been a longer visit available
    View All 274 Butchart Gardens Reviews