3. Wind Star
This was our 30 year anniversary trip, and after going on a cheesy Carnival cruise years ago, I knew my husband would never go for that. So after tons of research online, we chose Windstar. The Greek Islands have been on my bucket list since I was a child so this seemed like a dream come true, and it was. From the moment we walked onboard, we felt special and well cared for. The crew, except for one inappropriate steward who was replaced immediately, was professional, fun and well informed. The food was absolutely delicious, every meal!!! There were special offerings every night as well as a main menu. The drink package worked well for us, although I'm not sure it was a deal financially. It certainly was worth the ease and no worry. Due to high winds and bumpy seas, we could not take part in water activities off of the ship, but had plenty of fun on the excursions in port. We weren't sure whether or not to take part in the excursions at first, (not crowd people) but due to the small size of the ship, the groups we went with every day were so small we were all able to become good friends by weeks end. The guides were very friendly and knowledgable. We even went fishing which was a selling point for my husband. Our cabin was spacious enough, modern, clean and had NO smell. Musty moldy mildew smell was a concern of mine after being on a Carnival cruise. I did need earplugs as the ships engine, (propellors?) were a constant humming in every cabin. But after a full day in the sun, a cocktail and great friends, we were pretty worn out anyway. I think a highlight for me was the setting sail ceremony every night as we left port. "Conquest of Paradise" by Vangelis (1492) was the perfect song providing just the right drama and crescendos as the sails unfolded. Very dramatic! I loved it!! It also is worth noting that the Captain of the Windstar is the FIRST woman Captain as well as the FIRST black Captain of the Windstar line. Captain Belinda is a total badass and led us through some windy seas with safety! This girl is really on fire!!! (her introductory theme) All in all, I have nothing but praises for this cruise line and this ship. Can't wait to do it again. Maybe for our 35th???? honey????

Great Cruise don't hesitate

gkinzel’s Full Rating Summary
Get Windstar Wind Star price drops

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin AX 211
Clean, modern, spacious enough. The bed was comfy as were the sheets. Plenty of room for unpacking, and loved the night lights for reading over the bed!
Deck 2 Outside Cabins