• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Crown Princess Review

Editor Rating
2032 reviews
3 Awards

Crown Princess really delivered on our first cruise to Alaska!

Review for Crown Princess to Alaska
surelyacollectible
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2016
Cabin:
On our way to Juneau from our balcony on Dolphin deck.
Beautiful photo take from our balcony.
Leaving the Inside passage.
The inside passage
The best banana split - Volcano!
Our wonderful mini-suite!  D706
Watching ocean go by from inside the cabin.
At about 3 PM, all cruisers were called to their muster spot
Absolutely wonderful food - ate in the Da Vinci dining room every nite poss
Our steward, Mervin - from the Philippines - showing us the bed that lowers
Glacier Bay - a must-see.  So glad the Princess Crown actually goes into th

I always do a lot of research before any vacation. I found that Princess (Crown) goes through Glacier Bay - which many do not. It was our first cruise, and I had read many not-so-positive reviews about the wear and tear of the Crown, the poor buffet food, the rude crew...I was a bit apprehensive. However, from embarkation to disembarkation, it was wonderful! EVERY crew member I passed smiled and wished me a good day. Our steward and dining waiters went out of their way to serve us what we wanted...even got an absolutely wonderful spaghetti carbonara...which was not on the menu. I went so often to the dining room because the food in the buffet had so much variety and tasted so delish, that my plate was almost too heavy to handle.

The entertainment was wonderful, and was great fun, our mini suite had a great space; and it and the balcony were extremely clean. The four of us (two adjoining balconies) had a super time and could not think of anything we would have changed. The only surprise for us was how much emphasis was placed on selling things: photographs, diamonds, etc. etc. It didn't hurt the cruise, but was somewhat awkward that we were consistently pushed to buy something. I was also surprised at the ease and speed of both embarkation and disembarkation. Well planned with no long waits!

Cabin MD

Our steward, Mervin, was fastidious about keeping the room clean, neat, and with new towels twice a day! The space was just enough; the bathroom (with bath) bigger than we expected; and, unbelievably, the beds were incredibly comfortable! Will always book a room with a balcony!

Port Reviews

Seattle

Extremely easy embarkation! Everything ready; lots of helpers to keep us in the right place; our suite ready; luggage outside our door very quickly!

Victoria

We stayed on board and took the time to get great pictures of Victoria from the top of the Crown Princess. Too short a time to really do much here.

6 Helpful Votes