3. Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas is our "go to" ship. We live in Houston, so cruising out of Galveston is so handy for us. We did back to back cruises from August 28-Sept 11, 2016 and stayed in balcony room 6542. The room was so, so. This was about my 30th cruise and was the first balcony room I have ever had that did not have a sofa bed. It has a very awkward bunk above the head of the bed. There were three of us and it was not fun. The room had great a/c, which was good because the covers on the bunk fell over the edges and my head was in a tent all night. I would not recommend this cabin if there are more than two guests in the room. Sparky was our stateroom attendant and she was wonderful! I had a cold and she babied me with hot tea and honey and lemon. Our grand daughter joined us the second week and she made the best towel animals every day for her. The ship is wonderful! We always do the cupcake decorating class. It's inexpensive, fun and you get to eat the cupcakes you decorate! Our grandkids go with us a lot and they love the kids clubs. Our grand daughter is 12 and goes to "The Livingroom". They do scavenger hunts, find the different countries and the amazing race. She loves it. Our grand son is 8 and his group play games, win prizes and make things to take home with them, like coloring pillow cases and handkerchiefs. The first week was a little crazy because there was an outbreak of stomach virus on the ship. But, the crew was great in cleaning everything and making sure we washy washy our hands constantly. On Sunday, September 4, The ship had to be completely emptied for a cleaning after the virus. Since we were back to back cruisers and we had to get off the ship, Royal Caribbean sent us on an excursion to The Bryan Museum in Galveston. It was great and lunch was included also! I'm a native Texan and never been there. I would highly recommend seeing the museum.

Not the cabin for us...

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Biscuitbates

Biscuitbates’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas price drops

Not a room for more than two guests. There is a bunk above the head of the bed for the third person and is awkward, hard to get I and out of and the blanket falls over the edge every night, making a tent over the heads of the people in the bed below. There is also no railing to keep the pillows from falling off the bunk. I would recommend a cabin with a sofa bed instead of this room for more than two guests.
  Liberty of the Seas Deck Plans