3. Caribbean Princess
We chose this cruise for the port destinations and considered the cruise a floating hotel. Although there were 2 days at sea, the climate in the British Isles was not conducive to your typical sun and water relaxation. The ship is more functional than beautiful. Not a lot of shops and venues with a lot of space. We attended the art auctions and they were way too crowded for the space allotted. The ship is due for a total rehab. It looked old and tired and not very dazzling. But for this type of cruise it was fine. If I was on a Caribbean cruise I would feel very dissatisfied with its look, wanting for more of a fun-loving feel. This was our third cruise on Princess and have experienced Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival cruises. Nothing on this cruise resulted in a "WOW". We bought the internet package. Its slow, but what do you expect from a ship that is in the Ocean? Satellite service is all you get--there is no optical fiber connection. I know they make a ton off of these plans, but the price and the slow speed do become frustrating when you see your minutes count down while you are waiting for the your emails to download. Fitness area was way too small. I waited 20 minutes for a stationary bike and gave up. The three that were available were taken up by passengers who were strolling their "workout" as if they were on a leisurely bike path. Food was mediocre. We ate all of our dinners in the Island dining room, except for one night when we at at the buffet (bad, bad choice). We traveled with another couple and we both like to meet new people so each night we requested a table for 8. On the third night we hit at a table location we liked (away from the service area, which was very noisy) and a wait staff we really enjoyed. From then on the dining staff seated at this table. As others have mentioned, the portions were quite small (I didn't mind since I started a diet a month before and was being pretty good on the trip--still lost 8 pounds in the 3 weeks we were away!). Some of the dishes were void of taste. I remember a broth that tasted like hot water. I didn't attend all the shows, but the Broadway Review was quite good and I walked out the faux Beatles band. There is nothing like the real thing and got my taste of this a few weeks later at a Paul McCartney concert. But each night we went to the Piano Bar to be entertained by Tommy McPhee. One night we were treated to some improv tunes with the cruise female lead singer and a guest pianist. At each port we either wandered a port city on our own, taking at times hop-on hop-off buses. Other ports we either attached our selves to tours arranged by fellow passengers (thank you, In Retirement) or build our own excursion with private firms. It is worth the time and effort to arrange these outside of the cruise line. You save bunches of money. Highly recommend using Cruise Critic Roll Call for this. I could have done without Guernsey and would have liked full day and night in Dublin, Liverpool and Edinburgh. These large cities have a lot to offer and there was not enough port time to take in both the typical tourist sites and then spend some leisurely time experience its night life.

British Isles cruise: the ports are better than the ship experience.

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by happycruiser555

happycruiser555’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB B250
The cabin (Balcony) on the Baja deck was roomy. Lots of closet space and the two of us did not bump into each other while walking around the room. Shower was tight, but not uncomfortable. The mattress was fine. Neither one of us woke up with sore backs, so thats a good thing. Its not a Westin bed, but will do. Space was bit tight when we ordered in breakfast, but seemed like we has more room for the tray than on an RC cruise.

TV was fine. I was surprised that CNN was not a channel. It would have been nice to have, given we were on the ship during the Democratic convention. We were not in the room much to watch and given the timezone differences, all the prime time activities were while we were sleeping.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins