3. Seven Seas Voyager
Had never been on Regent before wanted to try it for the first time. We Cruise a lot on Silver seas , yachts of seaborn and Oceania. Typically I prefer a smaller ship of under 1000 psgrs or close to 600 to 400 passengers. There were many areas of concern and disappointment for us while we were on this cruise for over three weeks. In summary we had issues with the main dining room seating as well as consistent service. There were concerns in the fitness center and spa. The men's hot sauna was not functioning most the time unless you went to the front desk and ask them to reset the device in the sauna. The cardio equipment in the fitness center is quite dated old and on several days was not clean. The gym is configured in a way that makes it feel very crowded although there is a group exercise room nearby that could easily accommodate additional equipment. At the beginning of the three-week cruise I asked the fitness center if they had music that plays in the fitness center and they told me it was not working. I asked if it would be possible to have it repaired and they said they were looking into it. They did have some music working in the fitness center and spa the last few days of the cruise. The pool for many days iwas basically not usable because the quality of the water in the pool was visibly poor and dirty (dark green color with dirt covering the pool bottom) which looked as though they were not maintaining the swimming pool for their guest Even the two whirlpools they had by the pool were Set with temperatures that were excessively hot and the Jets were inoperative making a hot tub experience less than average . Room service was inconsistent sometimes it would take close to an hour to receive a room service order and once we did not even receive our requested order . One breakfast was delivered through room service and the server did not even offered to set the table other than just place a tray in our room . We found it challenging the first part of our cruise to get a table for two around 8 o'clock in the evening in compass Rose without there being a long waiting list even though we visibly could see tables for four or six standing open but we were not offered those tables when we walked in. On the others cruise ships that are accustomed to, we've never had a problem being seated immediately in the main dining room for table of two. The first 10 days of our cruise we were on the concierge level and our room was nice a refrigerator did not work initially until we brought it to their attention. The next 13 days were spent in a deluxe balcony room on the seventh deck, we could hear our neighbors talk clearly when we were seated in our room we could hear their TV playing, which appears that the walls to these rooms are very thin. You need to bring earplugs ! I found it quite strange and towards the end annoying, that whenever you would sit down in the veranda for breakfast or lunch you would have often times 3 ,4 or 5 waiters coming and asking you what you would like to drink before you received anything. Another very odd thing about the cruise is when you would go to the afternoon tea they combined trivia with the tea, so it was not a very quiet inviting atmosphere unless you We're participating in the trivia games . Our cabin attendance were great and we always had very clean state rooms The specialty restaurants serve delicious food and the ambience is quite good with great service the only drawback is your limit it to two times during your cruise . I suggest if you change rooms during your voyage to coordinate carefully with hotel manager. We received a letter the night before we changed rooms clearly stating the procedure but what happened the next day was contary to what they told us they were going to do for us, which ended up making us frustrated. I asked if I could review this procedure with management and reception desk never followed up with me. I left the ship disappointed!

Not impressed, compared to our experience on other luxury small cruise lines.

Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by Donbcfl

• Sail Date: August 2016
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Voyager Suite

Donbcfl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Voyager price drops

Voyager Suite
Cabin VS 949
A bit dated. At first refrigerator did not work. Seated area seemed crowed with the 2 extra dining chairs , we had them removed since we did not enjoy the room service Beds are comfortable. We asked for king bed and upon boarding We found twin beds, so are first chore onboard was to ask if they could turn the room into a king. Which eventually happened. My thought is when you select a high end cruise with an equal price tag, one should not have to follow up on these details. We were in a concierge cabin first part of cruise then switched to a deluxe veranda, The cabins were basically the same with the exception of the deck we were assigned to, and the concierge room had a coffee maker and binoculars . That seemed like the only value received between the categories. Our state room on the seven deck was quite noisy we consistently could hear people talking in the rooms next to us as well as hear their TV sets the reminder take your ear plugs!
Deck 10 Suite Cabins