3. Balmoral
Embarkation went smoothly. Entertainment team good. Meals in main restaurant good. Palms cafe under staffed and food ok. At times very unclear where soup, gravy was being served and under staffed, no clear direction. The lounge areas I felt were under staffed, on several occasions after waiting to be served then had to wait up to 15 mins or more for our drinks, which necessitated me having to check that we had not been forgotten. Cabin corridors dents and marks on walls, pool loungers shabby, seen better days and overall appearance of a 3 star hotel, definitely not worth the price we paid. Disembarkation was a shambles with many elderly folk having to stand for an hour or more which I found unacceptable, not enough seats for them to sit on. Excursions we felt were very expensive. Did not feel,we had value for money. This was my first cruise with Fred Olsen and was expecting something better doubt if we will cruise with them again.

Disappointed

Balmoral Cruise Review by Evenette

Evenette’s Full Rating Summary
Get Balmoral price drops

Superior Outside
Cabin B 6089
Cabin was of a good size plenty of wardrobe space and good shower room. Nice large picture window. Carpets a bit stained but overall ok.
  Balmoral Deck Plans