3. Avalon Tapestry II
Started in Paris and stops along the way to Normandy and at the end, a transfer to the train for the chunnel to London. The ship was a new ship and we thoroughly enjoyed the window setup and the ship itself with one exception. In many ports, you have to go through another ship to get to your port. I understand that this is normal and unavoidable (I guess). However, we had to go up and down and over to get through the other ship. The stairs were metal and many times, damp. I was told by a member of the staff that this was a flaw of the new ship. Most ships, and we experienced this on another river cruise, you are able to walk directly through one ship to another without all of the stairs. The food was just OK at best. No where near the amount and quality of the big cruise ships. It was difficult to obtain an extra portion or go astray from the menu. At least I was able to do this on Grand Circle. Service was great!

The ports of call were fantastic with the highlight being Normandy

Avalon Tapestry II Cruise Review by triplej366

triplej366’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Tapestry II price drops

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin P
The cabin was great with the floor to ceiling the width of the cabin. Sometimes all we had to look at was another ship while in port. Very clean and modern and well cared for.
Royal Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins