3. Celebrity Infinity
I took this cruise as part of a group of crocheters that I met virtually through an online crochet site. The thought of seeing the beautiful sights in Alaska and spending time doing something I love was very appealing. I went by myself and since Celebrity doesn't have any solo cabins I would up paying the "single penalty". I wish some of the older ships would retrofit with studio cabins but that doesn't affect my review. I was in cabin 3081 and due to other reviews I was worried about things like smell and toilets not working. There was an occasional musty smell on the floor but otherwise everything was good. I ate in the MDR almost every night and the food was fantastic. I ordered 2 appetizers (always get the shrimp cocktail) every night and there was an entrée that I loved on every single night. I did a few shore excursions that were arranged by the travel agent that we booked through and they were fantastic. I did zip lining in Ketchikan and visited Mendenhall Glacier Park with Whale Watching and a trip to the Alaska micro brewery in Juneau. Icy Straight Pass is a throw away stop and I wouldn't even get off the ship if I did this cruise again.

The Wonders of Alaska308

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by PhillyHelene

• Sail Date: August 2016
  • Destination: Alaska

PhillyHelene’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

• Hoonah Scenic Drive
    This is a port that is trying to make itself a tourist destination with nothing to show. Stay on the ship and enjoy a massage.
    View All 21 Hoonah Scenic Drive Reviews
  • Mendenhall Glacier
    This is a beautiful park. Had about an hour to take the 2 mile round trip walk to the bottom of the waterfall with the glacier in the background. While this was fantastic next time I would take the helicopter tour to the top of a glacier and get out.
    View All 888 Mendenhall Glacier Reviews
  • Whale Watching
    The boat captain guided us to see quite a few whales and we got nice and close.
    View All 841 Whale Watching Reviews
  • Zip-lining
    I can't remember the name of the company that ran the zip line but it was amazing. There were only 4 of us and a total of 9 zip lines, the last one landed out over water. It was amazing.
    View All 82 Zip-lining Reviews
  • Vancouver
    The city of Victoria on Vancouver Island along with Butchart Gardens are a can't miss if you have a day in the city. From the ferry ride to the island, tour of the city and free time spent in both locations it was a must do.
    View All 13,326 Vancouver Cruise Port Reviews