3. Allure of the Seas
My wife and I have 35 cruises behind us and thought RCL was the best line. How wrong we were. You can see cuts in every way. We thought the food was the best, but they have the same menu in the main restraint for 4 days and then repeat on the last 4 days again. The food tasted like it was all pre cooked and just heated. Two of the restaurants were clearly just bad. The food was over salted and poor quality. The buffet was terrible. There were 2 bars of Indian food. I did not notice more than 10 Indians on the ship, but no one really ate from the Indian food. I tried the Indian food and it was just bad. I think the key is to force you to the restaurants that cost to dine. RCL can keep their Indian food that no one eats, they should put the wasted money in some good food that people will eat. The entertainment was also nothing like we had on previous cruises. The ship had very advanced theaters, but it seemed like they wanted to show off the technology rather than a good show. One show was so terrible, that everyone had no idea about the story line. They had technology, but no meaningful show to utilize the technology. Just shows how bad the executives make decisions. The ship does not control their passengers, I believe this is a safety issue. Two examples that give a good picture: We were waiting for the bumper cars, and 1 family member would hold the place in line, the next thing you know, there are another 100 people in front of you. And waiting for the bumper cars, there were drunks clearly on the unlimited drink plan, and the staff did noting when multiple people complained. In the theater, RCL clearly states that you cannot hold seats. Again, there are rows that people hold, and worse, don’t show up. With the limited good seating, you need to stand during the entire show. All services have been cut, this is now just a cattle ship. It is a shame that RCL has resorted to this business model. Also, the one thing we enjoyed on the ship was the hot tubs. The adult only are full of screaming kids, in diapers, it’s like sitting in a toilet. When we complained to staff, again they did nothing. This was a daily occurrence. We are gold members of the Crown and Anchor, we cruise 3 to 4 times a year, RCL will not be seeing us again, we are done with RCL.

Just stay away from RCL bad food, bad staff, bad leadership of the company

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Jeff985