3. Harmony of the Seas
We have cruised twice before with Carnival and P & O. Each time we had heard how much better Royal Caribbean were, so we were super excited to get aboard the ship. My wife and I travelled with our 18 year old daughter and 17 year old son. We picked this ship mainly for the variety of things to do on it to interest them. The good points: Embarkation was a breeze. Probably about 30 mins max from arriving at the port to boarding the ship. Once on board the ship was stunning, no other word for it. We had already looked up previous reviews, so knew it was good idea to book shows, etc. So we booked up Grease and others straight away, All the shows were excellent and better than we had seen before. Grease was great, the comedian was funny, the magician brilliant and the aqua shows were a little weird, but seeing the guys dive off the high board was worth it. Escape from the Rubicon was amazing. I would urge everyone to give it a go. We didn't make it out, but had a lot of fun. The activities were awesome. My son spent most of the day on the Flow Rider. There were queues on some days, but he never waited more than 20 minutes. The water slides were terrific and again, the queues were never too bad. The zip wire, Abyss, etc were good and had little waiting time. Karaoke bar was lots of fun. Cabin was amazing. We had a balcony and it was spacious. The children had an inside opposite us which worked great. The shower was fantastic, so couldn't fault the room or Edgardo our steward who was brilliant. Overall a lot of good things on the ship. The bad points: The dining experience was no-where near as good as previous cruises. The food was ok, but not a great variety of choice. For example, the starters had 'classics' every night of snails or shrimps. So then you have two alternatives per night, but you would find they would be prawns, scampi, etc. So if you don't care for seafood.... As previous reviewers have said, it also feels as though you are in and then they want you out again to make sure everyone is fed. We had my time dining. I tried to make reservations when I got on board and the earliest time was 9.15 two nights away! So we went to dinner between 6.45 and 7.15 most nights and waited around 5-10 minutes for a table. If you were going in at 7.45 -8.45 I dread to think as the queue was almost back into the Casino. The Casino smoke was also grim on the way to the dining room. My main gripe on the dining though was that the formal night dress code was not adhered to. On my itinerary it said Tuxedo or smart suit and tie. So we dressed up (which we like) only to get to the dining room to see around 60-70% of diners dressed up. To me it took the gloss off the night. One group of five lads turned up in T-shirts, shorts and deck shoes. What is the point of a dress code. Suddenly I felt way over dressed. The waiters did their best, but were not as attentive as other ships, I would suggest too many people to deal with. The Windjammer was packed for breakfast, so we went to the Solarium everyday (free) and it was fine. Lunches in the Windjammer were good, with plenty of choice. The service charge on drinks is 18%, plus you have to add on VAT in European countries, so a $6 beer is something like $8.5 in reality. I have never minded paying the 18% if I get good service. I sat in at least two bars and waited and waited and eventually had to go to the bar myself to get served. I'm not sure why I'm paying 18% for that! Overall it was a very good cruise on an amazing boat. I just think whilst the boat had he x-factor, the dining and serving staff didn't.

Beautiful Ship Let Down by So-So Dining Experience

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by DursleyCruiser

The good points:

Karaoke bar was lots of fun.

Overall a lot of good things on the ship.

The bad points:

DursleyCruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

The cabin was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was the best we have seen on a cruise. The shower was excellent.
  Harmony of the Seas Deck Plans