3. Diamond Princess
Our main point in the cruise was to see more of Japan than just Tokyo. There were some really good parts of the cruise--the festival at Amori was impressive. There were also great events that Princess never bothered to put in the Patter or otherwise notify us about. For example, we learned that the biggest fireworks festival in Japan was on our "turnover" date--Princess took off and never said a word about it. Interestingly, the fireworks could be seen from the aft decks. The food was "just OK." Really, quite a disappointment from our previous Princess cruises. Dining service was good but our stateroom host was lacking. I asked for ice daily and got it once! Some of the activities were great--Japanese classes, and traditional dance. There was a traditional Japanese storyteller who did a Japanese show and a bilingual show. Unfortunately the bilingual was so popular that getting a seat was impossible. I figured I'd see it on the next leg, but they had changed entertainers and that one was only in Japanese. The "Let's dress in Yukata" activity was always full--not sure how early you had to arrive for that. I suspect the stop in Busan is legally required. It was not a good port. The first time we did an excursion which was OK. The second time we did the free bus to the International Market. Suffice it to say that I'm not likely to return to Korea. We had a few issues with HA access on the ship. There were stairs (no ramps) for embarkation at each port. Since stairs are the most difficult issue for our family member, this was bad! Also, the metal joiners in the carpet (I think they provide for shutting off watertight compartments on the ship) were shaped such that the walker couldn't be pushed over them. At each one, she had to stop and lift the walker over it. We did find a way to avoid most of these, but we've never had this issue on another ship. The HA cabin did meet all her needs.

Some HA issues on this one.

Diamond Princess Cruise Review by moki'smommy