Pacific Jewel Cruise Review

Never again

Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by hollylodge

• Sail Date: Sep 2016
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal

having taken 71 previous cruises some (not many) with P&O I can honestly say I was disgusted with the whole cruise.there were only two good things one was the comfortable beds and the other was Mathew on the cruise staff who will go far if he moves to another line.

second day in on our cruise to new guinea we ordered breakfast in the waterfront restaurant after waiting over one hour to have it delivered our party of 4 walked out and went to the joke they call the buffet. most nights the waterfront was crowded with people wearing thongs singlets and baseball caps and drinking from beer bottles.I may sound like a snob but surely people should have a little bit of self respect one night we were ENTERTAINED!!!!! by a table of 8 unsupervised 13 year olds shouting and throwing things around. meals had no taste whatsoever and 90% we returned half eaten. three of our party ordered fillet steak which was tough and inedible as was most of the meat on board.

room service which is standard on nearly all lines was charged for I ordered morning coffee and was charged for a jug of hot water and a sachet of nescafe they didn't even give me the courtesy of brewed coffee. there was a charge for everything from bathrobes to burgers.

room attendants would not take used glasses or cups from the room and on one occasion did not even bother to clean the room. trivia was pretty good but on two occasions with a room packed with people nobody turned up to conduct the trivia!!!

getting ashore was a nightmare waiting one and a half hours to get on the tender boats.

on the private island a barbeque was on shore which in nearly all cases is provided by the cruise line as an alternative to dining on board not here yet again another charge!!!

all in all we were all glad to get home and I am pleased to say my next cruise is with celebrity a line that knows how to take care of its customers and gets them coming back

hollylodge's Full Rating Summary

Cabin ocean view 5168

comfortable beds small bathroom but adequate

hollylodge