Viking Eistla Cruise Review

Viking Eistla Cruise Review by lpbuck57@aol.com

• Sail Date: Apr 2015
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

I just loved the ship's restaurant staff. Such fun and so very happy to please us. The bar staff was equally lovely. I found out the hard way that they don't appreciate your bringing food from your excursions onto the boat and eating them in the lounge. In your stateroom is fine. But they are more than willing to open a bottle of purchased wine in the lounge. Not sure what the difference is but lesson learned! Our excursions were very educational and geared nicely for all levels of ability and mobility. If you chose not to go ashore that was just fine. We ate several meals in the dining room and the food was great. The portions were reasonable and if you wanted something a bit different they were more than happy to accommodate you. We also ate several dinners on the Aquavit Terrace and that was equally nice. If it is too cool to have the doors open you have but to ask. GREAT service!

lpbuck57@aol.com's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 331

Lovely cabin. I was unused to having just a duvet over me so asked for a top sheet and was immediately accommodated. Such fantastic daily service.

The Keukenhof Gardens

The whole experience being at these beautiful gardens has left me sighing even now.

View All 88 The Keukenhof Gardens Reviews

The country celebrates the King's birthday and everywhere you go there are street parties. What fun! There were boat parades on the canals and everyone is in such a festive mood!

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Cologne Cathedral

Gorgeous!

View All 184 Cologne Cathedral Reviews
Cologne Old Town

I wasn't in love with our tour guide but the Old Town of Cologne is really special! The lock bridge is unique and we got a rickshaw ride back to the ship!

View All 52 Cologne Old Town Reviews
Heidelberg Castle

Great shopping, beautiful ancient castle and interesting history.

View All 180 Heidelberg Castle Reviews