3. Carnival Triumph
Well this is the third and last cruise I'll take with Carnival. My first cruise was on the Carnival Sensation. This was a decent cruise for a first timer. This set the bar for following cruises. The next cruise I took was on the Elation. I'm sure I made a review on it somewhere else on the web but boiled down, it was not as good as the Sensation. This ruined me for cruises for 2 years until I decided to take the Carnival Triumph on the same route as the Elation. It was nice to upgrade to the Grand Suite and I was super excited after watching a youtube video made on the room just a few years ago. This was about the only highlight of the entire trip. Thank God I wasn't stuck in a small cabin because I would have lost it. We got to the Port of New Orleans and the trip soon turned into a nightmare. First we had to go through 3 security checks just to get to the priority waiting room, after paying $100 to park. This was embarrassing and slow and the 'faster to the fun' has changed into 'faster to the line'. It wasn't like this a few years ago, in fact before we walked right in to the counter after having our suitcases taken for us. After waiting in the waiting room with nothing to do, we finally get to our cabin. To see what I thought of the cabinet, check out the review for it below. Our luggage was supposed to be directly sent to our room. It didn't show up until hours after we left port. Then we got some of their food. Yuck, its so bland and awful. The best food was the Guy Fieri's Burgers. I ate that so much I was tired of them by then end of the trip. We tried the fancy dining room 3 times and 3 times they were very disappointing. Slow and basically the same thing you get from the buffet. Didn't taste all that great either, some of it looked terrible. If you want ravioli and dry bread try this place. The rest of the week we did shore excursions. The shore excursions were expensive yet average, this time I tried different ones. The locals were real nice because they know we have money. One of them went to Passion Island and for some reason even though the ship left at 4:30, they had us heading back at 2. We could have been on that nice beach for another hour. The other went to Family Resort and it was ok and my kids had a lot of fun but no authentic Mexican food, just fries and chicken nuggets. Where the shore excursions were just average, the onboard experience was a blow. Rude, Rude, Rude people all around, standing in the way, cutting line, piling up their plates with all sorts of food they threw away, leaving me and others scraps. The staff was kind, I can't fault them. A lot of the rooms like the Hollywood and the Piano bar were empty and useless but really cool looking. The pools were abysmal, all three pools were 4' which means neither my 8 or 6 year old could enjoy them. So they did like every other child and pile up in the 2 luke warm hot tubs, turning the water from clear to cloudy. The one water slide they had was a good highlight for the kids, but they were wore out running up and around chairs and people. Then we tried the game room. Lots of rigged games in there. By the end of the cruise the same items were in there. The claw machines were way stuffed tight, nothing could break free. This made my daughter cry. The video games were expensive but we played them anyway for the sake of having something to do. I did go to the casino but noticed everyone was losing and looked broke, no smiling faces there. We went to the PunchLiner which used to have George Lopez name on it and it was funny, this guy wasn't funny at all. We also watched the show in the Rome Lounge, I think it had great technical points but the entire group thought it was a snooze fest. At least at night they had new movies on the deck and it was a good experience here for a few hours. Plus camp carnival has been upgraded to camp ocean and the kids loved that. I couldn't wait to get off the boat after day 4. My family was bored. So to process our debarkment, we had our luggage checked. BAD MISTAKE. We left with the Priority Crowd. When we made it in finally we told to wait in an aisle way for our luggage. Ok, this is fine. We waited for an hour, while people who took their own luggage had already left! Finally they opened the doors and there was no concierge to carry out our luggage to the car like last time. We had to find our luggage while fighting everyone else. Then we had to get in the same line that everyone else had earlier. WHAT? You mean I waited an additional hour just to have my luggage brought down a ramp? That was the last straw with Carnival.

An Absolute Experience of Wanting.

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by DarrenLeeSisco

Ages 7 to 9
Get Carnival Triumph price drops

Premium Balcony
Cabin 9B 7299
Cons:
1) No outlet for my c-pap. They had to run an extension cord which I got to stare out for the rest of the week.
2) No hot water in the vanity. I had to wash my daughters face paint off with cold water.
3) None of the stoppers worked to hold water.
4) The water jet tub was broke, but that didn't matter because after I filled it with brown water I was completely turned off.
5) The million of lights in the vanity made it hot so I undid 2/3 of the lights only to have them put back in.
6) Like every other carnival cruise, the room was hot, even with two vents in the grand suite.
7) The satillite connection was broke for the entire voyage.
8) The remote didn't work to the TV, I asked them to fix it, still wasn't fixed, I ended up using the controls on the TV.
9) Thank God they had two movies on each day on TV, but the quality was SD and audio was trash.
10) It was difficult washing the kids in the bath because the hot water temp kept changing from cold to super hot (not scalding).
11) The fridge didn't work.

Pros
1) Roomy with lots of cabinets and shelves.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins