3. Carnival Pride
We picked this cruise due to easy port to drive to for us, and also we had never been to Bermuda. We have been on about 5 ships in the Carnival fleet and 1 royal Caribbean. The embarkation went fine due to times now being assigned for check in, I was not a fan of this new process but hey I can admit when something works, good call. I almost rated this ship below average due to the lack of attention to detail with the staff. We have been in an extended aft balcony for the cruise prior and I was able to have a sun lounger brought up so that I did not have to go up on deck and fight for a seat. When I asked the steward to please bring one up he said no it is not allowed, I said really because the last cruise we had same type cabin and they put one on our balcony just fine. Hmmmm. Also Carnival no longer leaves the little toiletries in the bathroom for you, so hope you do not forget anything. Of course it is available in the fun shops if you want to pay that much. Dinner service was SLOW , we only went 5 nights and 4 of those nights it took over 2 hours for us to eat. I will not go into detail about all the little things like forgetting to refill drinks or not bringing bread. They do not serve the bread anymore just put a basket on your table. We went to sit down breakfast and several of the other couples who had also cruised carnival before stated they noticed all the little things that were no longer a part of cruising on Carnival. The entertainment was good but has been better in the past on other ships. The punchline comedy club is newer and was always packed for the later shows.. maybe they should move this to a larger area on the ship instead of making sure not everyone gets to enjoy it. Well at least they still do the towel animals.

All the little things do add up to major let down.

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by tweetyrobin2938

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony
tweetyrobin2938’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8N 5268
Not much to say, was clean, there is more vibration with these cabins but we enjoy sitting out on the balcony and I like to lay out on the balcony to sun instead of having to stake my claim up on the lido deck.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins