• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

alldog49
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Aug 2016
Cabin: Concierge Class 3

This is our 9th cruise, 8 with Celebrity. Athens to Athens. We were supposed to disembark in Istanbul but Celebrity cancelled that port about 2 months prior and replaced it with Athens. We are Elite members which did give us some perks. Checked in around 3pm. Very quick. Not crowded. Probably took 10-15 minutes from the time we walked in. So, before we took 10 steps after getting our SeaPass cards, we were approached to buy the dining package. No thank you. Please just let me get to my cabin. As others have written, there is a constant upselling of everything and it does get to be annoying.

We get on the ship and were given out champagne and mimosas. Love that! Got to our concierge cabin on deck 10. Found a dirty sock and some trash under the sofa. The furniture is a little scuffed. The balcony furniture is showing its wear. Not a nice way to start but our cabin attendant, Sherwin, was terrific. He was always smiling and no request was ever too much trouble. I like dark room to sleep in at night. I had to stuff tissue in the peephole because the light coming in was blinding. Also, the drapes would not close all the way. When I told Sherwin, he actually used one of my clips every night to clip it shut.

We had early seating in the main dining room. We requested a table of 6-10 and got a table of 10. Our table mates were wonderful. Could not have asked for a friendlier, nicer group. Our waiter was OK, not bad but not the friendliest as we've had on most of our other cruises. The food was very good. Some nights outstanding, other nights OK, nothing bad. As we have done on every cruise, we ate at Tuscan Grille one night. Way too much food. I don't need a 16 oz. ribeye. The food itself was just OK, not the taste and quality we were used to. A few days into the cruise they were offering specials on the restaurants so we went to Silk Harvest for $20pp instead of the $35pp regular price. Loved it. Excellent food and service. Not worth it if paying out of my own pocket but definitely worth it to use our OBC. The buffet was pretty good for breakfast. No problem finding a table. We ate many times at Tuscan Grille for breakfast which was an Elite perk. Very relaxing. Every evening before dinner, we went to the 14th floor lounge for drinks, another Elite perk.

Concierge Class 3

Cabin C3

Deck 10, not far from aft elevators and stairs. Quiet.

5 Helpful Votes